Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Nope, not going to use it. Btrfs does everything I need already, so why should I even bother with ZFS? Especially since it's under the CDDL.

Leave a comment:

• garegin
    replied
    why don't you, for this job, just use freebsd or even better- solaris? solaris has the best/latest support for zfs

Leave a comment:

• Veerappan
    replied
    Will I use ZFS on Linux?

I already do... I'm attempting to use it to recover a corrupted 3-drive ZFS Raid pool that my NAS ate while I was swapping a drive out (and attempting to re-size the pool at the same time).

That being said, I broke the pool out of my own stupidity right after I had neglected to take a fresh backup due to impatience... So either I re-write the parts of ZFS that handle the drive labels to remove the checksum verification and convince it that the missing drive is just off-line, or I lose about 10 years of digital photos...

When I've just left the ZFS array on its own, it has performed wonderfully and reliably in the 3-drive setup in my freenas box. The on-line scrubbing/verification and end-to-end checksums are re-assuring, as well as the fault tolerance for a single-drive failure. Backups are still required anyway, but it's reassuring to know that if a drive dies I have time to find a spare and swap it in without having to scramble.

Current uptime is only ~90 days, but that's due to some power outages at the beginning of winter.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic ZFS On Linux Is Now Set For "Wide Scale Deployment"

ZFS On Linux Is Now Set For "Wide Scale Deployment"

Phoronix: ZFS On Linux Is Now Set For "Wide Scale Deployment"

The Sun/Oracle ZFS file-system port to the Linux kernel has now been deemed ready with its new release as "ready for wide scale deployment on everything from desktops to super computers." Will you use ZFS On Linux?..

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMzODM
Working...
X