Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ldesnogu View Post
    Firefox OS perhaps? And Tizen?
    Firefox **IS** Linux. In fact, I think its just hacked-up Android.
    Tizen: Same story.

Comment

Originally posted by jalyst View Post
      Yup... And the OS's that support a better dev env/platform e.g: MeR (Sailfish, Nemo, Plasma etc), Maemo/MeeGo, Ubuntu etc.
      All of which are... yep, you got it... Linux.

Comment

What's with the nero-ing & on such an "spammy/obnoxious" scale...

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
        FFOS is not "Linux" & it's not "hacked-up Android", it's completely different in it's architecture.
        Tizen again, completely different to FFOS, similar in that the focus is html5/js, but it also supports native code in the form of EFL.

All of which are... yep, you got it... Linux.
        Linux != OS
        Linux = monolithic kernel
        Last edited by jalyst; 13 February 2013, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Yep, there we go. Wine is a cool idea, but a toy, since NOTHING works on it.
          REALLY? Because I could have sworn that just this week I recorded a piano improv into Mixcraft 6, notated it out in Finale 2012, and did some sample editing work for a client in Viena and Wavosaur, all of which were running under Wine. I also played a few Windows games ("Limbo" and "You Have to Win the Game"), also running under wine.

Sure, sometimes the software doesn't always work 100% (Mixcraft video tracks, for example), but the Wine project is far from useless. To claim so is just ignorant.

Comment

Do you mean you failed to notice WINE doesn't rely on the Linux kernel only? Funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
              For some software that does not run, there is a Linux equivalent. For all else, why not use a VM? Besides, extending wine to other platforms might help it contain more code that will make more software work.
              Graphics. From my limited understanding, programs that use graphics on Wine have full (or near-full) access to the GPU. Programs under a VM on the other hand have some limited access to the GPU (which from what I've seen in VMWare, is even buggier and slower than Wine). There are tricks like IOMMU though, but if you only have a single GPU... you can't really do too much there.

Comment

Wow other Linuxian "victory" its 5 years we are still at the beginning..

Comment

Working...
                X