Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developers Still Pursue Linux Kernel With LLVM/Clang

Phoronix: Developers Still Pursue Linux Kernel With LLVM/Clang

Open-source developers are still pursuing the feat of building the mainline Linux kernel with the LLVM/Clang compiler rather than GCC...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

LLVM/CLANG is static

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Developers Still Pursue Linux Kernel With LLVM/Clang

Open-source developers are still pursuing the feat of building the mainline Linux kernel with the LLVM/Clang compiler rather than GCC...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI4NzM
    Blasphemy! The greatest compiler collection & the the greatest library of [C] evolves with the rest of the system, with each added library!

taco BELL will FOIL μ!
    Last edited by juxtatux; 29 January 2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juxtatux View Post
      Blasphemy! The greatest compiler collection & the the greatest library of [C] evolves with the rest of the system, with each added library!

taco BELL will FOIL μ!
      "They" want everyone to use their compiler. And then, when everyone is using it, a worm will come out of the rotten apples

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
        "They" want everyone to use their compiler. And then, when everyone is using it, a worm will come out of the rotten apples
        No one forces you to use their compiler.

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
          Maybe I'm not in tune but I can't C this roadmap.... BLASt ... FOILed ... the weight of the world ... Need to sharpen my dutch pencil & emerge GDB. Maybe even wine about it<jk>... and on a less cryptic note, I think ARM sucks. My kid's phone games are glossy lobotomizers. Old 8bit games were more sophisticated albeit pixalaited. So screw 'tehm' ... Those two -Og(s) Einstein and Huxley went to a Rocky horror picture show and saw this coming.

Comment

von Drashek, is that you?

Comment

OS X and BSD have been dumped the crap GPL GCC compiler tools for the modern BSD based Clang/LLVM and have their complete systems built off it for a long time already.

Is the Linux codebase that bad or are the Linux developers just incompetent?

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post
                OS X and BSD have been dumped the crap GPL GCC compiler tools for the modern BSD based Clang/LLVM and have their complete systems built off it for a long time already.
                It only took them 20 years

Comment

guess I'll spell it out

I dunno... GDB, Atlas tuned algebra , PPL graphite, compile GCC GlibC Binutils & GNU toolchain 1000x w/ -march=native -Os and my binaries are FAR superior to LLVM/CLANG. My Wine dumps are -=[C]razy=-

Guess I'm not cool like iPhone, but I know what Bell labs was setting up 40+ years ago

Comment

Working...
                  X