X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by oliver View Post
    I don't think any soundcard is hardware accelerated at the moment under linux
    The Nvidia Soundstorm found on the NF2 was using their binaries.

Leave a comment:

• oliver
    replied
    I wonder though, they claim to support full EAX (and openAL) how many other soundcards can claim that with open drivers? I don't think any soundcard is hardware accelerated at the moment under linux, and this would be a first. Though, yes, it does suck extremly hard that it'll be a closed driver. ATi/AMD's is my only closed one on my desktop, on my laptop add the Atheros HAL driver to that mix, now we get a Soundcard driver. Soon all drivers will be closed :/

Ironically, AMD want's it to go the other way, or so it seems. With them releasing all those specs, it would surly make you hope ...

Leave a comment:

• rolz
    replied
    A beta closed source driver after two years. Djee thanks.

That's a bit like getting the steering wheel shipped for your new Porsche after two years. And it comes with this ugly steering lock. You know you'll be able to drive, but the first bend over 20? will make you crash into somebodies living room.
    :-D

Well I'm not really one to criticize here, who am I to talk about how companies treat their "IP" and customers when I'm not one of them.

But needless to say I don't like the sound of that. One more device range to avoid when buying a new machine

Leave a comment:

• Thetargos
    replied
    Why can't they do the "right thing™" like what they did with Live! and Emu10K1/2 series? Why can't they release the specs? (unless they have relied heavily on third party and stuff this time around)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X