Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFmpeg 1.1 Brings New Support, Encoders/Decoders

Phoronix: FFmpeg 1.1 Brings New Support, Encoders/Decoders

Version 1.1 of the FFmpeg library was released today under the codename of Fire Flower...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Pity that there still isn't any QuickSync encoding support (yes I know it is not as good as x264 but it has its uses for items like live transcoding for webstreaming).

Comment

Meanwhile libav guys didn't want to be behind their arch-enemy and released version 9 of the fork.

Comment

So will this allow the use of a capture card analog input that doesn't come with a hardware mpeg2 encoder? Cause I have a few of those lying around.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          Pity that there still isn't any QuickSync encoding support (yes I know it is not as good as x264 but it has its uses for items like live transcoding for webstreaming).
          ffmpeg use x264 as an h264 encoder so i doubt that ffmpeg will ever support Quicksync or the encoding stuff from Amd or Nvidia

--------------

Does anybody know how to mux an ass subtitle with ffmpeg?
          ffmpeg -i video.h264 -i audio.aac -i subtitle.ass -acodec copy -vcodec copy -scodec copy output.mkv didnt work :/ he say he cant do anything with the subtitle. and maybe if someone can tell me how to attach and file to the mkv would be awesome. currently i do this stuff with mkvtoolnix.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
            So will this allow the use of a capture card analog input that doesn't come with a hardware mpeg2 encoder? Cause I have a few of those lying around.
            Sure why not? the question is only how to choose the channel

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
              ffmpeg use x264 as an h264 encoder so i doubt that ffmpeg will ever support Quicksync or the encoding stuff from Amd or Nvidia
              And that is a shame as for the purposes of streaming even a lowly i3 can easily encode multiple video streams realtime using quicksync and for purposes of wireless video mirroring it is pretty much a prerequisite without dropping your system to its knees.

Comment

Sure why not? the question is only how to choose the channel
                You would still have to use the v4l interface to do that.

Comment

--------------

Does anybody know how to mux an ass subtitle with ffmpeg?
                  ffmpeg -i video.h264 -i audio.aac -i subtitle.ass -acodec copy -vcodec copy -scodec copy output.mkv didnt work :/ he say he cant do anything with the subtitle. and maybe if someone can tell me how to attach and file to the mkv would be awesome. currently i do this stuff with mkvtoolnix.
                  Not sure but check this:

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
                    That is to burn in the subtitle. i want only to insert it in the mkv container. so everyone one can choose to use the subtitle or not. if you burn in the sub he is encoded in the videostream and cant be disabled, removed or changed. BUt thanks that you looked for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X