FreeBSD/PC-BSD 9.1 Benchmarked Against Linux, Solaris, BSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really?

RV730 is the codename for 4650, and so on.

So how come the memory is different? Reporting 256 against 512?

And different audio cards? Are you really telling me that ATI RV730 HDA, Intecl C600/X79, and Realtek ALC892 are one and the same audio card?

That sounds very dubious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by kill BSD
      the creator of pcbsd:

KRIS MOOR(ON)

THE USLESS PUNK WHICH THE WORLD IS MOST BETTER WITHOUT
      I'm going to try out PC-BSD 9.1 now. Thank you for your input it was invaluable.

I looked up Kris Moore and found a Camp KDE 2010 video on youtube. A little dated but I found his talk to be very interesting. Enough so to try out this latest release.

Comment

Well, thanks for your support then, "kill BSD".

Have fun with PC-BSD, jmcharron.

Comment

Just installed PC-BSD 9.1.
          Had a great experience; everything went flawlessly, thanks to the KMS support for Intel's driver. The installation process is even better than some Linux distro's (Fedora). I tried Fedora last week, and it would only boot X with the VESA driver... I tried Intel and Radeon from X.org, and Catalyst, but didn't work (with Catalyst getting a segmentation fault).
          It's quite unbelievable what these guys from PC-BSD are accomplishing, they trully seem to know what efficiency meens.
          Give PC-BSD a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Linux anals Solaris
            zomg, anti linux troll get crapped
            If I'm anti-linux, why I'm using Slackware?
            Or you mean anti linux-troll?
            Last edited by LightBit; 24 December 2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
              Just installed PC-BSD 9.1.
              Had a great experience; everything went flawlessly, thanks to the KMS support for Intel's driver. The installation process is even better than some Linux distro's (Fedora). I tried Fedora last week, and it would only boot X with the VESA driver... I tried Intel and Radeon from X.org, and Catalyst, but didn't work (with Catalyst getting a segmentation fault).
              It's quite unbelievable what these guys from PC-BSD are accomplishing, they trully seem to know what efficiency meens.
              Give PC-BSD a try.

I used the 64bit (usb image) and all I got was a black screen (after successfully detected the intel gfx), the 9.0 rc-something could boot with the VESA anyway..

Comment

Working...
              X