Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
    OS X is not BSD.
    OS X derives from Darwin which derives from NeXTSTEP, BSD, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
      Open source dosn't inclue honorfull acting and courage, I my opionion id woud better to work together with the BSDs guys rather than making more and ore differences between Unix-like systems.
      Open source refers to a development method.
      Free software refers to an ideology that comes with ethical elements such as that it must be free as in freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        OS X derives from Darwin which derives from NeXTSTEP, BSD, etc.
        That still does not make Darwin/MacOSX BSD... They have some pretty big differences in architecture. Plus, the bsd component is only one part of OSX's core;

and fyi OSX doesn't derive from Darwin ~ Darwin IS at the core of the operating system, and Apple releases the source code for every MacOSX release. (PureDarwin is using an older version of Darwin (like 2-4 releases behind - possibly from the leopard days, although i could be wrong on that...)

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Open source refers to a development method.
          Free software refers to an ideology that comes with ethical elements such as that it must be free as in freedom.
          This was not what I tried to adress, I said that they shoud help each other in developing this musn't include free software or open source.
          '

Comment

Status

systemd: Lots of activity. Hackfest going on right now.

eudev: Dead after the clown show at fosdem.

Quite predicable but still very funny. Lets hope the new LSD clowns can be as funny as the now dead fork.

Comment

Working...
            X