Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mayankleoboy1
    replied
    Is there any news of FTRFS : Fractal Tree FS , by TokuDB ?
    Last i heard was their presentation of FTRFS on some DB convention in june/july. Its supposed to be the thing for next gen DB's.

Leave a comment:

• halo9en
    replied
    Thanks for the benchmarks. It looks like ext4 continues to perform better than btrfs even on SSDs (which in theory should be btrfs' strong point)...
    BTW I'd like to see a comparison between the last kernel releases (3.7 vs 3.6 vs 3.5...)

Leave a comment:

• gilboa
    replied
    Originally posted by bachinchi View Post
    Is the kernel getting slower each release? (except the graphics stack)
    Huh?
    I did a fast count and its seems that the number of benchmarks won by 3.7 outweigh the number of benchmarks lost. (7:3 in the case of ext4)
    I'd take btrfs out of the equation until its reaches a stable status (mid-development-code tends to be performance regression happy).

- Gilboa

Leave a comment:

• mayankleoboy1
    replied
    Thanks for the HDD tests in future.

Leave a comment:

• bachinchi
    replied
    Is the kernel getting slower each release? (except the graphics stack)

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Linux 3.7 File-System Benchmarks: EXT4, Btrfs, XFS

Linux 3.7 File-System Benchmarks: EXT4, Btrfs, XFS

Phoronix: Linux 3.7 File-System Benchmarks: EXT4, Btrfs, XFS

In this article are benchmarks of the latest Linux 3.7 kernel development code of the EXT4, XFS, and Btrfs file-systems.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X