Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGit Maintainer Disappears, Security Hole Found

Phoronix: CGit Maintainer Disappears, Security Hole Found

The maintainer behind the open-source CGit project, the popular web front-end to viewing Git repositories, disappeared some months ago. Since then a new maintainer has taken over work on this widely-used software while also discovering a nasty security hole that allows arbitrary command execution. A new CGit release has now occurred under the new leadership to address this problem...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

TRON? Anyone?

Comment

So, nobody bothered to maybe do some research why the guy vanished? What a fine community :P

Comment

I guess that is one of the problems on world wide coops. First it takes time to notice. And if somebody vanishes from the surface it is not as easy as in old times when you worked nearby. You would just call or step by his/her door, ring and ask even relatives or friends what is up. Accident and in hospital, on a journey or just being at home sick from a severe cold. Or worse things. But if you just know people by an email adress ... that is not much. In my field I work with people daily on the same floor, but only from few I actually know where they live in my town (>500k inhabitants). One vanished for 3 months an I thought she'd be on a scientific exchange somewhere around the world (happends from time to time). But instead she was sick at home. :/
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManKlaus View Post
          So, nobody bothered to maybe do some research why the guy vanished? What a fine community :P
          He asked around, what the hell more do you think is possible with just a name and an E-mail?

Comment

The "Jump-to-Conclusions" Mat. It's a mat, where you JUMP...to conclusions!

Originally posted by YoungManKlaus View Post
            What an infuriating conclusion you've made.

I looked. I looked very hard. I've spent hours and hours looking. I found out that he's from Norway, and even went so far as to look up the Norwegian word for "obituary" is "nekrolog". I couldn't find anything. I looked around for military deployment records, and couldn't find anything. I emailed everyone I could find who has anything to do with him.

I tried. Really hard. He's disappeared.

If he returns -- I do hope to see him back in action -- the project will be back in his hands. It's not a coup, by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by zx2c4 View Post
              What an infuriating conclusion you've made.

I looked. I looked very hard. I've spent hours and hours looking. I found out that he's from Norway, and even went so far as to look up the Norwegian word for "obituary" is "nekrolog". I couldn't find anything. I looked around for military deployment records, and couldn't find anything. I emailed everyone I could find who has anything to do with him.

I tried. Really hard. He's disappeared.

If he returns -- I do hope to see him back in action -- the project will be back in his hands. It's not a coup, by any means.
              You can find his address and phone number (don't know if its real) on the Internet. So maybe you can call/mail his local police department. Its weird when people disappear like that. Even on the internet.

Comment

Working...
              X