Linux 3.7-rc3: Some Of You Need To Change Your Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mayankleoboy1 View Post
    he has donated lots of money for malaria and HIV research. Plus, aid to various NGO's in third world countries. Plus, money for sanitation and drinking water.
    Hah. You do know that a lot of that money he donated for malaria and HIV research he made back through investments into very expensive medication for said ailments? As we all agreed up pon, he is a great businessman. He pretends to be this nice awesome person, but actually makes money of off it the same.

Comment

Probably sacrilege to say on a linux forum, but i also think Bill Gates as a great man. He made lots of money and actively tried to denounce linux, but in the end, he has donated almost all of his money to charity.
      He may have donated an unfathomable amount of money but I'm sure it was to clear a guilty conscience of the lives he ruined trying to get that money. There's a reason Windows and DOS were such a wild success when they were never really amazing OSes. Bill knew what it took to be a success, probably better than anyone else, but such power can only be achieved by bad deeds. Look up MSs anticompetitive history and you'll see why.

On the contrary, Bill probably performed his plans this way as a form of revenge, since i got the impression he was overall mistreated when he was younger.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        He may have donated an unfathomable amount of money but I'm sure it was to clear a guilty conscience of the lives he ruined trying to get that money. There's a reason Windows and DOS were such a wild success when they were never really amazing OSes. Bill knew what it took to be a success, probably better than anyone else, but such power can only be achieved by bad deeds. Look up MSs anticompetitive history and you'll see why.

On the contrary, Bill probably performed his plans this way as a form of revenge, since i got the impression he was overall mistreated when he was younger.
        I don't know him personally and also don't know Linus personally (once took part in a lecture with RMS, who is cool).
        Bill Gates is the inventor of software piracy, since he started complaining that people copied his DOS OS (which was common to share/copy floppies these days). He was one of the first to push sueing private people for copying software, which I don't like him for.

Today, thanks to Bill Gates, 10% of software development is spend on copy protection, DVD/Bluray player have costs for copy protection licences included etc. and the government is hunting down their citizens if they copy software and watches their every step on the internet.

Comment

he has donated lots of money for malaria and HIV research. Plus, aid to various NGO's in third world countries. Plus, money for sanitation and drinking water.
          And the roads.

Comment

Working...
          X