Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mono 3.0 Released With A Ton Of Improvements

Phoronix: Mono 3.0 Released With A Ton Of Improvements

Miguel de Icaza has announced the release of Mono 3.0 for improving the Microsoft .NET capabilities on Linux and other operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great

Haters gonna hate.

But .NET is great!
    It is a powerful and comprehensive all-in-one standard library for doing all sorts of things.
    C# is a beautiful and nice language!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Haters gonna hate.

But .NET is great!
      It is a powerful and comprehensive all-in-one standard library for doing all sorts of things.
      C# is a beautiful and nice language!

Comment

Now if only Unity3D would upgrade from Mono 2.6 sometime in the next millennium.

Comment

Like i said in another thread....i have NOTHING against MONO....as long is restricted to be used in WINE.

*There* is where it belongs....and i can't wait for a new version

0.0.8 is EXCELENT in WINE and i'm playing all my Window$ games in WINE using MONO instead of .NET.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
            he switched to Apple cause he doesn't like linux desktop.
            You can't blame him. Desktop Linux has been quite an awful mess. In recent years it has gotten better yes, and for an experienced user with time to set things up and configure them, it is fine. But if you don't have the time to configure things, and want an easy desktop that "just works", plays games, and runs the apps you need, OSX or Windows are often the better choice. I use desktop Linux, but anything but Ubuntu/Mint take too much time to set up. Hardware support is also an issue and so is running certain software. I often just use windows to avoid dealing with it.

Comment

Originally posted by n3wu53r View Post
              You can't blame him. Desktop Linux has been quite an awful mess.
              Can't blame him?

He started the GNOME project, FFS. And he started it so he can kill off KDE, and started a rift which continues until today.

Can't blame him? Then who can you blame?

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                Can't blame him?

He started the GNOME project, FFS. And he started it so he can kill off KDE, and started a rift which continues until today.

Can't blame him? Then who can you blame?
                You can't blame him for thinking desktop linux is a mess.

Blaming him for creating the mess is another matter.

Comment

You can't blame him for thinking desktop linux is a mess.
                  But the talk was about disliking, not thinking it's a mess.
                  You can't blame him.
                  He's blaming himself by disliking what he created and we can blame him for leaving instead of fixing it. Also if he really just created it to kill KDE we can blame him for that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
                    But the talk was about disliking, not thinking it's a mess.

He's blaming himself by disliking what he created and we can blame him for leaving instead of fixing it. Also if he really just created it to kill KDE we can blame him for that, too.

Classic
                    Hi

Comment

Working...
                    X