• Show
Clear All

• rebebenne
    replied
    you're saying hes trying to make Linus look bad because of the nvidia thing

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    I thought that kvm tool was a userspace application. The only thing that would be suitable for integrating with the kernel would be the (small) kmod. Pulling userspace applications into the kernel is insane. Its like... why isn't apache part of the kernel... DUH, because its not GPL huh huh.

Leave a comment:

• jessioward
    replied
    that project has no need to be apart of the kerne

Leave a comment:

• lordmetroid
    replied
    If you do not like Linus decisions you are always free to fork.

Leave a comment:

• balouba
    replied
    And that's why I actually like Linus. He always have the balls the make slightly unpopular decisions and those almost always are correct.

Too there's no Linus gatekeeper on the distro side of things :P

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    I agree with linus on this. that project has no need to be apart of the kernel, just as much as X doesn't need to be. I'm not saying KVM tool is bad, it's just unnecessary to add.
    Exactly this, as the KVMtool app is a pretty big chunk of code and Linus doesn't want to bloat his tree unnecessarily

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    I agree with linus on this. that project has no need to be apart of the kernel, just as much as X doesn't need to be. I'm not saying KVM tool is bad, it's just unnecessary to add.

Leave a comment:

• boast
    replied
    Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
    Is there something special/controversial with this denied pull request into mainline or is Michael going to post every request which is denied?
    Maybe just the ones hes interested in? Since this is his blog and all...

Edit: ooh... you're saying hes trying to make Linus look bad because of the nvidia thing? Sneaky...

Leave a comment:

• XorEaxEax
    replied
    Is there something special/controversial with this denied pull request into mainline or is Michael going to post every request which is denied?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Linus Torvalds Still Rejects KVM Tool From Kernel

Linus Torvalds Still Rejects KVM Tool From Kernel

Phoronix: Linus Torvalds Still Rejects KVM Tool From Kernel

Linus Torvalds has reaffirmed that at this point he doesn't intend to pull KVMTool into the mainline Linux kernel...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIxMDU
Working...
X