X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJSB
    replied
    Originally posted by DeiF View Post
    Seems like the raw input support still has bugs.
    Also you lose the pause key in The Sims 3.
    They seemed to have nailed it...at least the bug reported

Possibly will be upstream for next release of WINE....

Leave a comment:

• bobwya
    replied
    Tested out with Aliens Vs. Predator (the old version) - a game I maintain on WineHQ AppDB finally works now without patching Wine with the raw3.input patch!!

Leave a comment:

• DeiF
    replied
    Seems like the raw input support still has bugs.
    Also you lose the pause key in The Sims 3.

Leave a comment:

• alcalde
    replied
    Now if only we could get USB support, WINE would be nearly perfect....

Leave a comment:

• TechMage89
    replied
    Maybe Mechwarrior 3 will finally be playable now?

I love it when games that no longer work properly on modern versions of Windows run without a hitch on Wine!

Leave a comment:

• psycho_driver
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Did wine get a new dev or big donation recently? There seems to be a lot of major improvements the past month. I still haven't tried it much in several years but I wonder how close it is from being a worthy replacement for windows executables.
    Diablo III playable on release day with minor patches. Guild Wars 2 playable on release day with minor patches. My own personal favorite time sink atm, Path of Exile, playable through Open Beta with no patches. Wine is becoming one of the more polished pieces of software in the linux/open source world.

Guild Wars 2 is almost assuredly the reason the raw input work finally got pushed through.

Leave a comment:

• russofris
    replied
    Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    Okay so its Microsoft giving a very generic name to something that should be named MS specific -_- Thanks for the clarification, necro.
    Durr Hurr Durr

Leave a comment:

• Thaodan
    replied
    Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
    i was in contact with the crossover company and they told me that they only fix the rawinput3 bug only because of Guild Wars 2
    [..] [..]
    One of the things i first though when reading the news on my twitter widget "hmm nice now I can try Guild Wars 2 without patching wine".

Leave a comment:

• Nepenthes
    replied
    Now, Deus Ex : Human Revolution is playable ! It should be rated Silver or Gold (since there is a minor registry tweak to apply to fix graphics glitches).

Leave a comment:

• necro-lover
    replied
    Originally posted by fettouhi View Post
    Does this also mean that games run through wine like Rage, Borderlands etc. will support xbox 360 controllers without resorting to workarounds?
    I don't know but the directinput3 rawinput3 stuff and dll's is the right point to fix that because windows handle this in this way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X