• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Why Mono Is Desirable For Linux

Why Mono Is Desirable For Linux

Phoronix: Why Mono Is Desirable For Linux

On this Friday we have a freelance open-source opinion article that was written by Ciprian Khlud. This developer, who uses C# among other languages at his place of employment along with a combination of Windows and Linux, argues why the Mono open-source ECMA CLI/C#/.NET implementation is actually desirable for Linux.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=17874

• directhex
    replied
    Originally posted by brosis View Post
    Using MONO is as desireable as dipping Linux into napalm.
    Hello brosis.

Back I see.

You never did give a response to being caught out lying to spread FUD against Mono. Y'know, right here

Leave a comment:

• brosis
    replied
    Using MONO is as desireable as dipping Linux into napalm.

Leave a comment:

• randomizer
    replied
    Originally posted by andxim View Post
    ...(java doesn't even has lambdas!!)...
    Java 8 has lambdas... finally.

Leave a comment:

• andxim
    replied
    Oh wait!...you're a moron!!...
    you argue than c# is a java copy..has you used the latest c# version??..actually..has you used c#??...c# is a most complete language than java, java as language has been sleeping for many years and this doesn't seem a modern language anymore..c# has copied ideas from dynamic languages, from functional languages (java doesn't even has lambdas!!) and it's much more expressive and powerfull than java (as language)...

Mono has aot compilation, better com interop with c/c++ and better heap memory manager than java...
    so..if you doesn't have any shitty idea from what are you talking about and you mention a shitty game with the worse performance ever as a demostration about how good is java for games, you're simply crazy...

and note: anyone pay me for use c# .net or mono...I use this because I prefer over jvm...

Originally posted by XapaJIaMnu View Post
    just because, obviously, C# is the only high level language, only C# allows small teams of people to create games.
    Oh wait! Java is a high level language!
    Oh wait! C# was created with the intention of being java cloning for windows.
    Oh wait! Minecraft was written in Java.

As for the author of the article. "...Uses C# among other languages"
    Question: Why would you use C# if you could use anything else at all.
    (Obvious) answer. Because someone pays you to do so.

Leave a comment:

• CARMEN
    replied
    But what is WoG?

Leave a comment:

• gamerk2
    replied
    Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    MONO is shit and should be banned from linux because we can't have linux core programs written in C# and thus be made dependent on Microsoft. They can always fuck us over so don't give them the opportunity. Basically don't start writing new apps in C# or convert existing ones to C#. Unless you want to bend over and take it from Mr. I can't program but I am the CEO of a software company Ballmer.
    Translation: You don't like the choice of programming languages, so therefore Mono should not be included, despite being free software.

Leave a comment:

• ciplogic
    replied
    Originally posted by Jam66es View Post
    We need the certainty that Microsoft will not try to harm Mono in any way.
    ... and also that Apple and Google will not harm GCC, they seem to work more with LLVM than with GCC lately. And also Microsoft, Oracle and IBM to not attack C++, and as Qt/QML is using Webkit/V8/and JavaScriptCore to not use Apple's JavaScript implementation. IBM and Oracle have huge interest in Java bussiness, and they want to destroy x86, as they want to sell sell SPARC/PowerPC CPUs.
    I think if you're using KDE you should remove it right away:
    Code:
    apt-get remove libqt4-core
    Try XFCE or directly X11: is much safer!

Leave a comment:

• directhex
    replied
    (Jam66es is an automated spambot; ignore)

Leave a comment:

• Jam66es
    replied
    I think Microsoft is content to have a Linux version available

Leave a comment:

Working...
X