Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dstaubsauger View Post
    sounds like the average Android phone to me
    sounds like the average 8bit machine to me!

Comment

Maybe

Maybe the one who is behind this troll attacks is not really trolling, but being sincere by the point of view of an Asperger's ...

[Ironic mode Off]

Comment

Originally posted by blacqwolf View Post
        I say let them be. It's not like it's trolling because they don't try to hurt anyone or anything, it's just joking around - pretty much fun for everyone because these ridiculous suggestions are funny. And it's not like these one or two emails a week are going to hurt anything.
        I am not sure they're not hurting.
        This makes the Linux Kernel Mailing List (LKML) less productive and appear to be less serious. If it is perceived as not being professional then companies may shy away.

Comment

Originally posted by Rallos Zek View Post
          Like when you read a newspaper report about rape, so you go out and rape someone. Or you read about somebody blowing up a market that just encourages more people to blow up markets.

/sigh

Comment

According to this person, Ethernet is "just bloat - devices only have it for the stubborn old geezers. Other than that, no one really uses it. Who expects that thick cabling running through our offices? I don't!"
            It works faster than WiFi, is more secure than WiFi and goes further in range than WiFi! Many places use it because it works and is cheap, besides the drivers don't take up that much do they?

Multi-monitor support is deemed obselete by this user since "the new way for technology is mobile. The desktop is dead, and Linux on the desktop has been deader than dead since it was conceived."
            What if people want to connect their HDTV to their mobile/smartphone? That's two screens too!

Multi-user support should be dropped because "no one really expects a single device to be used by two people!"
            Single device used by two people happens all the time. Support for even up to four is common in console hardware. Here we have a rare type of person who never experienced(apple TM) multiplayer consoles. Serious it is handy. And schools/organizations with a lot of users who only need a little calculation power could get a lot of benefit out of it.

The ending of optical support on Linux is on the basis of "The CD, DVD and Blu-Ray are today what the Floppy was 15 years ago - obsolete and yet still in use - where you need multiple disks for one thing - And even most people's internet are faster than a CD drive."
            Nope, things go slower obsolete. I still use CD/DVD's for stuff. And just throwing it all away right now is way too soon. Blu-Ray has a long time to go anyway.
            Last edited by plonoma; 08 September 2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
              I am pretty sure Richard Stallman is behind this
              Now there is a very good case example of trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
                It works faster than WiFi, is more secure than WiFi and goes further in range than WiFi! Many places use it because it works and is cheap, besides the drivers don't take up that much do they?
                also works significantly faster, and how do you think the big telco's connect their wireless networks together? Besides all that, the wireless space is limited, and we are vastly approaching the limits for our current technologies.

What if people want to connect their HDTV to their mobile/smartphone? That's two screens too!

Single device used by two people happens all the time. Support for even up to four is common in console hardware. Here we have a rare type of person who never experienced(apple TM) multiplayer consoles. Serious it is handy. And schools/organizations with a lot of users who only need a little calculation power could get a lot of benefit out of it.

Nope, things go slower obsolete. I still use CD/DVD's for stuff. And just throwing it all away right now is way too soon. Blu-Ray has a long time to go anyway.
                Actually, floppy support is still in the kernel quite happily. There's a lot of really old stuff that is still there, because it doesn't take up huge amounts of space and still works.

Comment

I suggest 1 thing for the kernel guys: DISABLE TROLL SUPPORT.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
                    I suggest 1 thing for the kernel guys: DISABLE TROLL SUPPORT.
                    But I rely on troll support every day! I think it's the one thing that makes Linux the best entertainment platform out there.

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
                      Posts like yours are the reason why trolls do what they do.

I personally thought that the lkml post was hilarious. A good technologist often imagines what the future is like in order to make decisions. Each and every one of his directives was dead on..... or rather will be dead on..... eventually.

It's all in good fun, and you should take comedy with a light heart and without the need to get defensive. Everyone knows that ethernet, ODD, Multimon, etc, aren't going anywhere for the next five years.

F

Comment

Working...
                      X