Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Kernel Proposal For Dropping Keyboard Support

Phoronix: Linux Kernel Proposal For Dropping Keyboard Support

It seems to be the season for trolling the Linux kernel mailing list with idiotic statements. After it was proposed a few days ago that the Linux kernel drop support for x86 32-bit, today's entertainment comes in the form of a Linux user seeking to have keyboard support as "obsolete input device support" from the Linux kernel tree...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's a bit early (or late, depends how you look) for april fools jokes.. This would certainly be a nice one

Comment

Toooo many stupid trolls on the kernel mailing lists.

I'd like to see some serious technical orientated trolling. No drop arm/x86/keuboard support and that shit.

Comment

Don't feed the trolls

Please don't feed the trolls.
        You are just enticing them and encouraging such behavior.

Thanks to this boring, irrelevant, non-news "article" on Phoronix we will see more trolls on the LKML which will result in decreased productivity.
        Also trolls may drive away serious companies from the Linux kernel.

This article also further decreases the reputation and reliability of Phoronix. People call this site Moronix.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
          Blob support.

I'm going to ask this next in the LKML.
          How? Rip out all the code for module loading and force everyone to use a very bloated or entirely custom kernel?

Forsake the GPL and obfuscate the kernel headers?

Flip on everyone secure boot permanently and only allow singed drivers? Even though those that release the blob will likely have a key accepted by the default secure boot configuration.

It just can't be done practically.

For all practical purposes blobs aren't supported by the kernel to the extent they refuse to take bug reports when a BLOB module is loaded.
          Last edited by WorBlux; 27 August 2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Blob support.

Before you plan to sink the ship, make sure you have firm ground under your feet. By this, I mean GROUND, not _water_ as of now. Ofc, unless you are radeon-walking Jesus.

Your offer is good, but it is good only in 6 years minimum. A bit ahead of the time. Just like Jesus. Hope the barbars will not crucify you though...

Comment

How soon will we see the "drop Linux binary compatibly support" proposal? WINE and variants do seem very popular these days. Then there's Android, visualizers, emulators... why even have executables for the Linux Kernel at all⸮

Comment

This guy must've been a GNOME plant.

Comment

Blob support.

(In case you weren't being sarcastic)
                  *Sigh* Why don't you develop your own variant of the kernel with everything marked EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL and leave us alone? *Sigh*

- Gilboa
                  oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                  oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                  oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                  Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Just to feed the trolls.... my (Android/Linux) phone has a keyboard. Android is on something like 65% of smartphones now.

Comment

Working...
                    X