Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frampone View Post
    Try with qtconfig -> Gui style
    Again: Qt5 cannot use Qt4 plugins (Oxygen is a Qt4 plugin.)

If it doesn't work you can always force a gtk theme somehow and use oxygen-gtk as it has already been said
    This is not supported by Oxygen-gtk. It kind of works, but there's ugly breakage.

Comment

Yeah, I just think that porting Oxygen is not high on the list of important things to do. I'm pretty sure it will be ported in time for KDE 5, however. It was ported to GTK, it can be ported to Qt5.

Comment

I was just searching, and stumbled across this:

But why on earth did they make a QML-only thing? :-/ Desktop apps use widgets, not QML.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post

But why on earth did they make a QML-only thing? :-/ Desktop apps use widgets, not QML.
          So, earlier in the thread there was discussion about how Oxygen wasn't available for Qt5, yet there it is in the screenshot...

Also, QML is supposed to make it easier to create UIs. I haven't tried it but from what I have heard it is pretty nice. They are still working out some of the bugs, but KDE is adopting QML for a lot of Plasma. So far it has made things look good and function smoothly.

Comment

How is that QML-only? It's exposing existing, non-QML functionality to QML

EDIT: To be clear here, the "traditional" QWidget interfaces & pals are still available in Qt5.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoBrain View Post
              How is that QML-only? It's exposing existing, non-QML functionality to QML
              QML qt5 is using oxygen widgets for Qt4 fine.
              C++ in Qt5 is not.

At least this is what I gather from reading RealNC's posts.

Comment

Because the ever-changing owners of Qt add new directions. Off course the so called Qt community see these changes as new blessings. Now QML is less a focus but maybe this will change again in a few years when Qt is sold yet again. Who know ans who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowBane View Post
                  So, earlier in the thread there was discussion about how Oxygen wasn't available for Qt5, yet there it is in the screenshot...

Also, QML is supposed to make it easier to create UIs. I haven't tried it but from what I have heard it is pretty nice. They are still working out some of the bugs, but KDE is adopting QML for a lot of Plasma. So far it has made things look good and function smoothly.
                  For traditional GUIs, nothing beats widgets and you can keep using C++. For eye candy (like Plasma) QML makes sense. But having to use JavaScript in your C++ code is a bitch. It's quite a deal breaker.

Comment

For traditional GUIs, nothing beats widgets and you can keep using C++. For eye candy (like Plasma) QML makes sense. But having to use JavaScript in your C++ code is a bitch. It's quite a deal breaker.
                    You don't have to use javascript... The GUI is done using a markup language and the code can be in C++.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
                      Because the ever-changing owners of Qt add new directions. Off course the so called Qt community see these changes as new blessings. Now QML is less a focus but maybe this will change again in a few years when Qt is sold yet again. Who know ans who cares?
                      Will there ever be a Qt thread without your trolling?
                      They added functionality that was available to C++ but not QML, and made it available to QML. It was a requested and useful feature.
                      Also all of this was before the Nokia sell of to Digia.
                      Ever changing owners? Qt has been around for 20+ years. In 2008 they got bought by Nokia, and 4 years later they are bought by Digia. 2 owner changes 4 years apart in 20 years is not ever changing.

Get out of that basement of yours.

Comment

Working...
                      X