Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KLANG: A New Linux Audio System For The Kernel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It couldn't possible to optimize sound driver for integrated audio cards during installation phase enabling HARDWARE AUDIO ACCELERATION in those systems provided by audio hardware suport!?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
      It couldn't possible to optimize sound driver for integrated audio cards during installation phase enabling HARDWARE AUDIO ACCELERATION in those systems provided by audio hardware suport!?
      there is only one commercial sound card chip that does resampling
      its VIA Envy series (used to be called ICE... something, then VIA bought them)
      the way to get that resampling working is by using this .asoundrc (i dont think alsa does it by default, PA doesnt do it at all)

      Code:
      pcm.!default{
      type hw
      card 0
      }
      ctl.!default{
      type hw
      card 0
      }
      on almost all cards (including professional ones) this will cause problems when playing two different sound sources

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gens View Post

        there is only one commercial sound card chip that does resampling
        its VIA Envy series (used to be called ICE... something, then VIA bought them)
        the way to get that resampling working is by using this .asoundrc (i dont think alsa does it by default, PA doesnt do it at all)

        Code:
        pcm.!default{
        type hw
        card 0
        }
        ctl.!default{
        type hw
        card 0
        }
        on almost all cards (including professional ones) this will cause problems when playing two different sound sources
        What about cm8788 and ca20k1 audio chipset!?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gens View Post

          there is only one commercial sound card chip that does resampling
          its VIA Envy series (used to be called ICE... something, then VIA bought them)
          the way to get that resampling working is by using this .asoundrc (i dont think alsa does it by default, PA doesnt do it at all)

          Code:
          pcm.!default{
          type hw
          card 0
          }
          ctl.!default{
          type hw
          card 0
          }
          on almost all cards (including professional ones) this will cause problems when playing two different sound sources

          Are you stating that CM8788 and CA20K1 audio chipset cannot manage hardware mixing by alsa DMIX!?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post


            Are you stating that CM8788 and CA20K1 audio chipset cannot manage hardware mixing by alsa DMIX!?
            it doesnt say here that it can
            http://www.cmedia.com.tw/ProductsDet...PSerno-37.html
            nor here
            http://www.alsa-project.org/main/ind...Vendor-C-Media

            you can try to do what i said and check if they can

            afaik dmix does only software
            hardware resampling is in alsas in kernel chip driver
            no need to be a dick about it

            i have a xonar, that has a rebranded CMsomething chip that doesn't do resampling
            ICE1712 and via envy are the only ones i know of that do

            edit: i checked
            my xonar chip is a rebranded CMI8788

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gens View Post

              it doesnt say here that it can
              http://www.cmedia.com.tw/ProductsDet...PSerno-37.html
              nor here
              http://www.alsa-project.org/main/ind...Vendor-C-Media

              you can try to do what i said and check if they can

              afaik dmix does only software
              hardware resampling is in alsas in kernel chip driver
              no need to be a dick about it

              i have a xonar, that has a rebranded CMsomething chip that doesn't do resampling
              ICE1712 and via envy are the only ones i know of that do

              edit: i checked
              my xonar chip is a rebranded CMI8788
              Infact Xonar D2 and d2X are CMI8788 (oxygen) it's a pci controller.

              http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs...a-plugins.html

              Alsa plugins implements upmixing at least in 1.0.29 release.
              Last edited by Azrael5; 06-13-2015, 10:46 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post

                It is quite easy. At an academic conference you would expect a lecture by people who have merits. This is not the case here. It is just a dude with a microphone proposing some uneducated shit to an audience. Luckily a smarter guy turned up and set things straight. Sure it is not funny to have your incompetence exposed like Datenwolf had but i cant think of a reason why it shouldnt be spelled out.

                Could Lennart be more nice? Maybe. But he did us all a favor and dismantled this shit bomb of incompetence. Personaly I like the drama because it will make the clowns do better jobs. Lennart might show up and speak the truth

                I guess the udev forksters might be next in line for such a treat.

                Nope that Nazi douche Lennart Poettering needs his ass kicked and his hands chopped off, then a ton of people will be happy. s/

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

                  Infact Xonar D2 and d2X are CMI8788 (oxygen) it's a pci controller.

                  http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs...a-plugins.html

                  Alsa plugins implements upmixing at least in 1.0.29 release.
                  yes, no hardware resampling
                  only the one chip i mentioned does it, that i know of

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rallos Zek View Post


                    Nope that Nazi douche Lennart Poettering needs his ass kicked and his hands chopped off, then a ton of people will be happy. s/
                    wow
                    you and funkSTAR are such idiots it hurts
                    learn to code or shut up

                    Comment


                    • Much time has passed, but I don't see progress. Sadly so. I still do hope that this project is still alive in background.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X