Mono Working Close With Microsoft, Gets $12M USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by directhex View Post
    So you're correcting me by saying... I can't write for both iOS and Android in Qt?
    Actually, I was wrong. There is an iOs SDK for Qt also. So yes, you can write for both iOs and Android in Qt.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
      Actually, I was wrong. There is an iOs SDK for Qt also. So yes, you can write for both iOs and Android in Qt.
      I can't find anything more than an experimental project on Gitorious that hasn't had a commit for a year

Comment

I can't find anything more than an experimental project on Gitorious that hasn't had a commit for a year

Mono guys : to promote mono,they need to attack other opensource projects.They never attack proprietary software like MS.NET because mono is not a competitor to MS.NET.

Comment

Originally posted by lapis View Post
          Mono guys : to promote mono,they need to attack other opensource projects.They never attack proprietary software like MS.NET because mono is not a competitor to MS.NET.
          What crack are you smoking?

Show me an iPhone port of Qt other than http://qt.gitorious.org/+qt-iphone/qt/qt-iphone-clone which, according to http://www.qt-iphone.com/Roadmap.html only supports one of Qt's core libraries, and according to that same gitorious project last saw a commit in July 2011?

Comment

I had rather seen that money going elsewhere (other free project).
            I mean, yes, money for a free software project is fine.
            Making interoperability is also fine.
            It's just... I am very afraid of Microsoft's U-Boot (submarine) patents that will suddenly emerge once Mono is widespread in use. I'll better keep my hands off Mono and products that require it. (Horrible enough that some progs in Windows want you to have .net 1, 2, 3, 4 or whatever and all at the same time installed. Sucks.
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
              (Horrible enough that some progs in Windows want you to have .net 1, 2, 3, 4 or whatever and all at the same time installed. Sucks.
              Yeah, that's retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                Yeah, that's retarded.
                It's supposedly a feature. Less risk of breaking old apps if you don't touch the libs they use. A bit like having python2.5, python2.6 and python2.7 and python3.1 all at once.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
                    Aha, yes - http://mediator-software.com/

The licensing situation isn't clear to me though - Apple don't allow (L)GPL software in the iOS app store, and Mediator Software don't own the Qt copyright so can't issue commercial licenses. And Nokia aren't selling commercial licenses for iOS use

Comment

Working...
                    X