Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recall using X-CD-Roast for the longest time. I think at some point I switched to k3b, and Brasero as of late. Now that I'm an XFCE user, I might give Xfburn a look... however I rarely burn discs these days.

I've never used Nero for GNU/Linux, and don't think I've ever had the desire to do so.

Comment

@gbudny

Lots of games work with wine, some even better than native - because you can still switch to the desktop while running fullscreen apps. Most games using sdl on Linux block that - and i am sure you know the environment var to override that immediately. Also the sentence is nonsense, you dont use wine on windows, but why shouldn't you run the apps you already have got when it is possible. If you are a born Linux only user fine, i am sure you sold/gave away all games you bought before you began using Linux. HIB and some other Linux games are fine, but when it is possible to run Rage on Linux i do that. Sometimes you want to play non-indie games as well... Btw. imgburn is free, but you can give some bucks to the dev if you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        HIB and some other Linux games are fine, but when it is possible to run Rage on Linux i do that. Sometimes you want to play non-indie games as well...
        I Linux and OS X, but I don't plan to buy Rage for OS X.

Btw. imgburn is free, but you can give some bucks to the dev if you like it.
        I don't want use applications for Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
          ... I rarely burn discs these days.
          Exactly. Who would bother with DVDs/BluRay when external hard drives and falsh drives are so affordable?
          The only thing you need to burn these days, is a WinXP image, as it can't install from USB.

Comment

HIB and some other Linux games are fine, but when it is possible to run Rage on Linux i do that. Sometimes you want to play non-indie games as well...
            I use Linux and OS X, but I don't plan to buy Rage for OS X.

Btw. imgburn is free, but you can give some bucks to the dev if you like it.
            I don't want use applications for Windows.

If you are a born Linux only user fine, i am sure you sold/gave away all games you bought before you began using Linux.
            I was using Windows for two years (2002 - 2004).

Also the sentence is nonsense, you dont use wine on windows, but why shouldn't you run the apps you already have got when it is possible.
            I don't have too much games for Windows.

Lots of games work with wine some even better than native - because you can still switch to the desktop while running fullscreen apps..

Did you try alt-enter?

Most games using sdl on Linux block that - and i am sure you know the environment var to override that immediately.
            What is wrong in SDL?
            Last edited by gbudny; 18 July 2012, 07:59 AM.

Comment

@bug77

Not fully true. Not that somebody really needs XP those days but there are 2 ways. One way is using a stick with U3 support. First you disable U3 using win (this did not fully work with u3-tool for whatever reason) then you can use u3-tool to partition the usb key (-p) and put the iso image on it (-l). It will show up as cd drive. That works with every iso image. The other variant would be using a tool that prepares the stick to install XP but you have to modify the boot.ini later.

Comment

I have used nerolinux. It was adequate during a particular time span.
                k3b is horrible. At least it was back then, way too bloated, completely unreliable. I can't imagine it becoming any LESS bloated with time, so I haven't looked at it in years and don't intend to.

As of this moment, I use mostly gnomebaker. Brasero is just a little bit too simplistic, plus they added in a dependency on TRACKER (stupid gnome bullshit), so brasero gets wiped when tracker is removed.

As far as BD burning goes, not an issue since I won't even consider it until media drops below $0.50/.

Comment

even using windows for 10 years I never purchased it, even hardly used it either.

I used open source infrarecorder.org instead.

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
                    I recall using X-CD-Roast for the longest time. I think at some point I switched to k3b, and Brasero as of late. Now that I'm an XFCE user, I might give Xfburn a look... however I rarely burn discs these days.

I've never used Nero for GNU/Linux, and don't think I've ever had the desire to do so.
                    Oh god, I totally forgot about that program. I used xcdroast for a long time. It worked quite well back then!

Comment

Originally posted by jvillain View Post
                      K3B is far better any ways. Though they do need to get off of HAL and onto uDev.
                      Hm? I have 2.0.2 installed and there's no HAL at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X