This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alex_sh View Post
    This is unfortunate, nero4linux is still THE best option for blu-ray writing. I've had multiple problems with dvd+rw-tools and k3b when writing blu-ray disks, and none with nero. I did report most of these bugs to developers of both open source programs, and they still haven't been fixed for 2 years now. k3b really seems to be in "fix some critical bugs only, nothing more" development stage, almost abandoned.
    I think it is true.

For example:

k3b and bluray burning

"I had the same problem. Downloaded Nero Linux and problem solved. Works very well. Only $20 to buy after the trial is up."

Tried to burn my first bluray today and k3b will let me add files but then keeps telling me to insert empty or appendable medium. I've burned dvd's

Comment

How many ppl do you think it for 20$ Did you ever try imgburn for bluray?

Comment

I also found Nero Linux to be the only reliable solution to Blu-Ray burning and I did pay the $20 registration.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
          Thats an very sad news for me. Because Nero for Linux was the only ! Linux burning software that works for me. K3B and brasero fail at simple tasks like burning an data dvd or audio CD. And the half of the burned disks are broken :/
          K3B works perfectly in my experience. I have used it for many years and I never have had a "broken" CD or DVD disk.

I simply don't believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Did you ever try imgburn for bluray?
            I don't use Windows and Wine on Linux/OS X.

Comment

imgburn adds workarounds for wine if needed, you should read the changelogs. the dev really cares about linux this way. must be too hard to install wine on your box, even the oldest version were able to run it. it broke once, then i leaned how to bisect with git. therefore i can only remember 1 broken wine release for imgburn.

Comment

imgburn adds workarounds for wine if needed, you should read the changelogs. the dev really cares about linux this way. must be too hard to install wine on your box, even the oldest version were able to run it. it broke once, then i leaned how to bisect with git. therefore i can only remember 1 broken wine release for imgburn.
                However I don't care for Wine and applications for Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by hal2k1 View Post
                  K3B works perfectly in my experience. I have used it for many years and I never have had a "broken" CD or DVD disk.

I simply don't believe you.
                  And the world revolves around you?

Comment

@gbudny

And when a game uses libwine it is fine? You really should be more openminded, wine devs do a great work - and when app devs even care that it runs fine with it even better. It's not that you have to buy a win licence to use wine...

Comment

@gbudny

And when a game uses libwine it is fine?.
                      No.

You really should be more openminded, wine devs do a great work - and when app devs even care that it runs fine with it even better
                      They do a great work for Windows users, but not for me.

Where are informations about games for Linux?

For example:

Open Source Software for running Windows applications on other operating systems.

Open Source Software for running Windows applications on other operating systems.

It's not that you have to buy a win licence to use wine..
                      I don't want buy or use aplications for Windows.
                      Last edited by gbudny; 18 July 2012, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X