Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Features Of The Linux 3.5 Kernel

Phoronix: The Best Features Of The Linux 3.5 Kernel

With the release of the Linux 3.5 kernel expected in just a few days, here's some of the most exciting features to look forward to...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully the suspend bug introduced with rc7 is fixed before. No idea if it only happens with intel gfx.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Hopefully the suspend bug introduced with rc7 is fixed before. No idea if it only happens with intel gfx.
      Here on radeon too. Is it reported somewhere?

Comment

An even better feature - it doesn't boot on some Asus socket 1155 motherboards.

Way to go! Keep introducing regressions, guys!

Comment

I had no problem to boot 3.5rc6 with my asus s1155 (p8z68-v) board, but i tested it only with gpt. with gpt even partuuid worked. i just find always asus uefi bugs.

Comment

Asus UEFI bugs, really? I have the Asus M5A97 and the bios is probably the most horrible thing on the board. The board is great, the bios, while looks 'pretty' works like it's from 1995.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              An even better feature - it doesn't boot on some Asus socket 1155 motherboards.

Way to go! Keep introducing regressions, guys!
              Complaining about a regression before the development phase that is meant to address them has been completed is about as stupid as it gets.

Comment

But on a positive note, looks like there is a fix already.
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bug! View Post
                  Complaining about a regression before the development phase that is meant to address them has been completed is about as stupid as it gets.
                  I'm just surprised he hasn't been banned yet

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    But on a positive note, looks like there is a fix already.
                    Yep, Linus fixed this bug himself 'cause SCSI guys are very slow to react and Linus cannot release a kernel which doesn't even boot for some people.

Comment

Working...
                    X