X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m_gol
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    If that is so, they failed horribly. If the content with advertisements was in WebM format, then I would be content with watching it, and so I would see the ads. But since it's in Flash, I can't watch it (it crashes every 5 minutes or so) - therefore I am forced to use something else, like VLC, to watch it, and guess what, it doesn't display the ads!
    Oh, come on, how many people have a Flash plugin that "crashes every 5 minutes or so" and use VLC to watch videos they previously download?

For me, for example, Flash doesn't "crashes every 5 minutes or so" and I watch a lot of videos with ada on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    Originally posted by m_gol View Post
    You wrote it doesn't support WebM, not H264.
    It does not support HTML5 in YouTube, whether it be WebM or H264.

Leave a comment:

• m_gol
    replied
    Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    If you use Chromium, you will receive an error message on HTML5 videos on YouTube. The message reads "Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available." If you try the same thing with the Google Chrome browser, it will work just fine. This is because of the patent-encumbered h.264 codec.

You can in theory grab the codecs for it though:
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r239...-worked-for-me
    You wrote it doesn't support WebM, not H264.

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    Are you sure? It seems absurd.
    If you use Chromium, you will receive an error message on HTML5 videos on YouTube. The message reads "Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available." If you try the same thing with the Google Chrome browser, it will work just fine. This is because of the patent-encumbered h.264 codec.

You can in theory grab the codecs for it though:
    Forum discussion: If you use Chromium, you will receive an error message on HTML5 videos on YouTube. The message reads &quote;Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available.&quote; If you try the same

Leave a comment:

• sime
    replied
    Access webcam without flash!

I'm a web developer(/browser nerd) and what's exciting for me in this release is the better/correct implementation of getUserMedia(). getUserMedia gives you access to the webcam and microphone without flash!

I've being playing with this for a little while and it's so darn cool. Unfortunately it's not enabled by default. Head to chrome://flags and enable 'Media Source API on <video> elements' and 'MediaStream' (PeerConnection is also hot).

So I banged out a little site which detects if the browser support getUserMedia() and allows you to snap a photo.

Opera 12 is the first GA browser with getUserMedia enabled by default. Chrome *may* have it in 21. Firefox doesn't have any support at the moment, but a recent code push suggests it might be available round the release of Firefox 16/17

Die flash die!

Leave a comment:

• pandev92
    replied
    Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    What audio adapter do you use? Same or another?

My problem is with the internal audio, crappy sound, impossible to listen :/

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    So...

How will Linux users will be able to watch their pr0n on their web browsers? Or do they will switch to a cute python/perl script?

Leave a comment:

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
    I have the same problem
    What audio adapter do you use? Same or another?

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    The point is, obviously, to not be able to avoid ads.
    If that is so, they failed horribly. If the content with advertisements was in WebM format, then I would be content with watching it, and so I would see the ads. But since it's in Flash, I can't watch it (it crashes every 5 minutes or so) - therefore I am forced to use something else, like VLC, to watch it, and guess what, it doesn't display the ads!

Leave a comment:

• pandev92
    replied
    Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    I just test this new Flash release. At least on my setup (E-Mu 0204 USB) audio playback in Flash video is broken with Flash plugin 11.3.
    I have the same problem

Leave a comment:

Working...
X