Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3vi1
    replied
    I'm with darkbasic. I'll stick with adobe's player until Flash is obsolete in the next few years.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by Roshan View Post
    It would be a good time to benchmark both of them.
    Does PTS have Flash benchmarks? Benchmarks are only worthwhile if Lightspark is reasonably stable, and from reports I've seen, it doesn't seem to be. (I personally haven't tried it in a while.)

Leave a comment:

• Roshan
    replied
    Bench mark LightSpark and Adobe Flash

It would be a good time to benchmark both of them. As the Ubuntu is in new cycle, it is neccessary to see LightSpark getting improved along in the cycle.

Leave a comment:

• Spectre
    replied
    I jumped ship to Chrome awhile back so this doesn't worry me at all since chrome will continue to have flash updates. Thank you Google!

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    No way.
    (stupid character limit)

Leave a comment:

• Tiger_Coder
    replied
    From Ubuntu 12.04 I upgraded to 64 bit version. Mostly it was smooth but then I stuck by flash. First Chrome 64bit don't have built in flash plugin, that means Google's flash for Linux is not anything if you are using 64 bit. After I installed adobe flash from repository, I am suffering random memory leaks and HANG on chrome for pages with Flash. It was smooth before with Chrome 32 bit on ubuntu 11.10 32 bit. If Gnash or Lightspark support Youtube and Angry Birds for Facebook smoothly, then I would remove the crapy Adobe Flash.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Lightspark For Open Flash Inches Forward

Lightspark For Open Flash Inches Forward

Phoronix: Lightspark For Open Flash Inches Forward

While Adobe has abandoned Linux Flash Player support, the open-source Lightspark Flash Player alternative continues to inch forward...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X