The Most Interesting GSoC 2012 Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Is this really true? Do you have a source? Is there someone other than Kristian working on Wayland full-time?
    by looking at the mailing list many intel people work on it (ie submit patches). not sure if this is 100% of their time at intel but they contribute and obviously they get payed to do so.

That's a very shortsighted view, Wayland has nothing like NX, not even in its roadmap..
    GSocs to improve the free NX client, to integrate it into X, to fix some X issues (even if the transition happen, it'll take several years) would have been nice..

And much more important than some of the "toy" GSoc which have been accepted .
    michael i think reported a few weeks back that WL people are looking into remote stuff. it will happen for sure

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
      michael i think reported a few weeks back that WL people are looking into remote stuff. it will happen for sure
      Yes, it was for LAN, but note that I was talking about NX which is for WAN, here Wayland would need many changes to be efficient.

Comment

Working...
      X