EXT4 Gains New Online Resize Support In Linux 3.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Very bad article. It's the lowest quality writing I have ever seen in a Phoronix article.

Michael, are you sick? No, I'm not trying to be funny. Your writing suggest there might be something wrong with you. You should go see a doctor.
    Working so much [even all the Phoronix work is only part of my equation] can't come without its side effects and consequences...
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Looks like some dual-boot people will be happy. If a partition can grow in size automatically, then there's no need to preallocate space.

Unfortunately Ntfs-resize is still a little bit slow. . Crushes my dreams a little bit.

Comment

interesting

It took me 1hr to move my ~100GB (40 used) ext4 partition on my SSD to a 1MiB alignment using gparted livecd yesterday.
        For some reason gparted does a "move" stage then a "copy" stage, both adding up to about 1hr. Not sure what to think of this resize support in ext4.

Comment

Please clarify whether this new implementation has support for shrinking partition/filesystem online?

Comment

Curious to know whether this new online resize support is for shrinking the partition without unmounting
            the filesystem. I hope this has support for expanding the partition.
            Please clarify.

Comment

Working...
            X