Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Firefox 9.0 Is Ready For The Holidays

Phoronix: Mozilla Firefox 9.0 Is Ready For The Holidays

Mozilla Firefox 9.0 is now ready for release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's still marked beta. If you see it in /. please check your sources.

Comment

I haven't seen these gains from type inference. Peacekeeper score is still about half of what Chrome and Opera can muster.

Comment

*Insert obligatory whine about addons here, and how Firefox is mad to increase its version so often and how Chrome is so much better*

Comment

For my one Windows machine, I wish they'd hurry up with 64-bit support.

Comment

Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post
            What is keeping you? You can already run 64bit bit. http://nightly.mozilla.org/

Comment

Stability.

Comment

Stability.
                I have been running the 64 bit nightly for months and let it update every day. Haven't had a single crash.

Comment

Why not use Pale Moon?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Larabel
                    Firefox 9.0 brings the fruits of the Type Inference Mozilla research project, which brings significantly faster JavaScript performance. Firefox's JavaScript support has returned to being competitive with the V8 JavaScript engine found in Google's Chrome web-browser.

Wrong... The Javascript performance has BEEN faster the Chrome since FF8, uses far less ram, has a much larger array of useful addons and isn't being pushed out like a virus by a massive advertising conglomerate that has you convinced that they could never do any wrong...

Firefox was "slower" in the same way that AMD CPUs are "slower" then Intel parts, user experience has always been much more consistent overall, at least for me, even if 10% "slower" the the competition.

Comment

Working...
                    X