Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qt 4.8 Draws In Platform Abstraction, New WebKit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qt 4.8 Draws In Platform Abstraction, New WebKit

    Phoronix: Qt 4.8 Draws In Platform Abstraction, New WebKit

    Qt 4.8 was released today with several new features...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTAyOTA

  • #2
    "there's 108 improvements and bug fixes available in Qt Commercial 4.8.0 that are not part of the LGPL release."

    Open source at its best.

    Comment


    • #3
      Back to square one?

      Comment


      • #4
        RTFA:
        I want to underline that this is not the intended way of differentiating our offering. Going forward I hope that we can be more aligned. I would like to see most of the current delta integrated to Qt by the time of 4.8.1, if it is possible.
        (yeah a 10 character limit is very useful, I agree, it really increases the SNR ratio of my message, don't you agree?)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by maleadt View Post
          RTFA:


          (yeah a 10 character limit is very useful, I agree, it really increases the SNR ratio of my message, don't you agree?)
          I hate this rule too, it became the stupidest one after the editing rule was fixed.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            "there's 108 improvements and bug fixes available in Qt Commercial 4.8.0 that are not part of the LGPL release."

            Open source at its best.
            Such crying won't help anyone. Maybe you expect they'll send you pizza, too? Switch to commercial version if you like. I'll rather wait for 4.8.1.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kraftman View Post
              Such crying won't help anyone. Maybe you expect they'll send you pizza, too? Switch to commercial version if you like. I'll rather wait for 4.8.1.
              I'd rather switch to GTK+, where theres no differentiation between different users. And I agree with Qaridarium that this may be very well part of their business strategy, to get more paying customers.

              Comment


              • #8
                You people are such morons. Maybe writing it again helps:
                So now there is total of 108 improvements and bug fixes available in Qt Commercial 4.8.0 that are not part of the LGPL release. I want to underline that this is not the intended way of differentiating our offering. Going forward I hope that we can be more aligned. I would like to see most of the current delta integrated to Qt by the time of 4.8.1, if it is possible.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                  I'd rather switch to GTK+, where theres no differentiation between different users. And I agree with Qaridarium that this may be very well part of their business strategy, to get more paying customers.
                  Will you rewrite KDE in GTK+? I don't like I have to wait for Qt 4.8.1 to be on pair with commercial version, but I was surprised why someone blames entire Open Source, because of this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                    Will you rewrite KDE in GTK+? I don't like I have to wait for Qt 4.8.1 to be on pair with commercial version, but I was surprised why someone blames entire Open Source, because of this.
                    Oh god of disease, please no. GTK+ whilst a okay toolkit is nowhere in the league of QT. GTK+ is not even as good as motif lol.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X