Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP Open-Sources webOS & Enyo App Framework

Phoronix: HP Open-Sources webOS & Enyo App Framework

Hewlett-Packard announced today what it will do with webOS, after announcing in August major changes would come to webOS and it would sell its PC business (later they changed their mind). HP hasn't changed their mind about webOS, but what they are going to do with it is quite good: Hewlett-Packard is open-sourcing webOS and its Enyo application framework...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Best news I've heard all month. Look forward to seeing the Touchpad living on with community support.

Comment

Great news. Hopefully it won't end like the Meego bullshit.

Comment

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

I actually like WebOS a lot.. It works quite well and I've grown very fond of it..
        This is great news!!

Comment

Hopefully they don't kill it by choosing GPL.

Comment

With HP giving a reprieve to the TouchPad, maybe this will get people to consider the TouchPad as an alternative to the iPad...if HP plays its cards right as to pricing and the build quality. Opensourcing WebOS will ensure continuing support for the Touchpad in the event it gets killed off down the road.

Comment

inb4 Bada & Tizen phones ship with the WebOS UI and framework.

Comment

Working...
              X