LibreOffice Coming To iOS, Android & The Web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
    No, there is absolutely NOTHING for document editing or spreadsheets on Android, and I could care less about apple. Only total trash like documents2go and similar uselessness. Some have *minor* editing capabilities, most are just viewers, some are ONLINE viewers (i.e. google docs, completely useless), but nothing that you can actually use to create, open, and manipulate REAL documents. Certainly nothing that you can use to manipulate REAL document FORMATS
    The calligra (previously koffice) team is working on an android port. I think it is considerably further along than the libreoffice one.

Comment

Web browser acceleration is up to the browser itself. Try Firefox, I believe that's accelerated. Its also better in practically every regard to the integrated crap browser.
      I have Firefox installed and it's not as smooth as the Android browser. Opera does pretty well in that department but has other problems, like not locking in to vertical (or horizontal) when scrolling. On my tablet the default browser is the best option so far, but still not as enjoyable as browsing on iPad unfortunately.

As far as a smooth experience... maybe time for a new phone? Everything is perfectly smooth for me.
      Hmm... (BTW, it's a tablet not a phone) one would expect that a Tegra2 with 1GHz dual-core and 1GB ram would be enough no? I have tried a Samsung Galaxy SII and the experience is much better on that, but that's a beast of a phone and driving a lower resolution screen. If it takes a dual-core 1,2GHz cpu on Android to match the UI responsiveness of an iPhone 3GS with its 600MHz cpu, then something is definitely wrong and needs fixing. Still, things have been improving and I hope they improve even more with ICS. I hate Apple just as much as the next guy but you have to admit the smoothness and responsiveness available on iOS just isn't present on most Android devices. My business associate has an LG P970 (1GHz CPU) with Android 2.2 and the thing stutters and chokes like crazy. It could be that the "200 line responsiveness" patch that was included in recent kernel versions might help, or maybe things are already much better on 2.3, but I have no way of knowing as vodafone still hasn't updated that particular phone yet.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
        I have Firefox installed and it's not as smooth as the Android browser. Opera does pretty well in that department but has other problems, like not locking in to vertical (or horizontal) when scrolling. On my tablet the default browser is the best option so far, but still not as enjoyable as browsing on iPad unfortunately.

Hmm... (BTW, it's a tablet not a phone) one would expect that a Tegra2 with 1GHz dual-core and 1GB ram would be enough no? I have tried a Samsung Galaxy SII and the experience is much better on that, but that's a beast of a phone and driving a lower resolution screen. If it takes a dual-core 1,2GHz cpu on Android to match the UI responsiveness of an iPhone 3GS with its 600MHz cpu, then something is definitely wrong and needs fixing. Still, things have been improving and I hope they improve even more with ICS. I hate Apple just as much as the next guy but you have to admit the smoothness and responsiveness available on iOS just isn't present on most Android devices. My business associate has an LG P970 (1GHz CPU) with Android 2.2 and the thing stutters and chokes like crazy. It could be that the "200 line responsiveness" patch that was included in recent kernel versions might help, or maybe things are already much better on 2.3, but I have no way of knowing as vodafone still hasn't updated that particular phone yet.
        Tegra2, huh? Nvidia explains your problem....
        My qualcomm 7230 (800 MHz single core) gives a perfectly smooth and consistent experience.

BTW: All that apple *IS* is smooth. Its like gluing glitter onto the back of a cockroach.

Comment

Working...
        X