No announcement yet.

Adobe Flash Player 11 Is Now Officially Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would they bother? It is not like anyone really had a choice about whether to use flash or not, and other groups developed workarounds, so there was really no motivation to make the situation better. Now that Adobe is seeing HTML 5 encroach in their territory they have to be a bit more careful.

Comment

Now that we have native 64-bit support, the next big step is webm/VP8/Vorbis support. AFTER that is done, I hope they spend more time improving acceleration. By the time that is done, open source drivers should have more to speak of with video acceleration.

Comment

Adobe should even look to updating Adobe Reader for Linux as right now it only has 9.4.3 for Linux while Windows has Adobe Reader X. For professional graphics Adobe should port Photoshop to Linux and then there'd be some more choice. While I know that open source is the way to go, but for professionals why not allow them to use tools they are most comfortable with on Linux?

Comment

oh no, I've been using the betas and release candidates through the sevenmachines ppa. The final one is stuttering for me a little, but now I can't reinstall the release candidate because the link to it is no longer working. son of a bitch

Comment

I'm getting the tearing as well. I tested the older releases and it seems to of broken after the fp11_b2 release. I'll stick with that for now.

Comment

Originally posted by AHSauge View Post
              Wow! I must say, I'm really, really, really impressed by Adobe now. They "only" needed a took about 8.5 years (counting from the release of AMD Opteron) to release an official 64bit version of flash. There must be some really good developers working there ? Seriously though, how on earth can they manage to be so darn slow to release it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the kernel guys had a working Linux kernel about two years before the actual hardware was released. I'm not saying Adobe should have been ready on the release day of AMD Opteron, nor that it's only a recompile away, but 8.5 years is a long time, way much longer than what should be necessary.
              Because more or less everything on Windows is still 32-bit.

Comment

Working...
              X