Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RealNC
    replied
    This isn't "old". It's just not high-end. If you refer to anything that's not high-end as "old", then 90% of stuff you can buy right now is "old" and is what most people are using.

Leave a comment:

• oliver
    replied
    A core2duo isn't old! Now a 4500 (or was it 4200?) RPM ide laptopdrive, now that is old!

(Typing this from a T42 with a ide disk)

I'm a little bummed that the most important 'safety' option has such a huge impact on performance Hopefully this will be fixed soon, as I'm going to be using this laptop for hopefully 2-3 more years.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Btrfs File-System For Old Computers?

Btrfs File-System For Old Computers?

Phoronix: Btrfs File-System For Old Computers?

Recently I published benchmarks of Btrfs from a Serial ATA 3.0 SSD (the excellent OCZ Vertex 3 SSD) and those results were interesting, but most people aren't running 6Gb/s solid-state drives, so how does this next-generation file-system perform on the opposite end of the spectrum? In this article are EXT4 and Btrfs benchmarks from an old Core Duo notebook with a 5400RPM mobile hard drive.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X