No announcement yet.

The KDE vs. GNOME Schism In Free Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rightnow i have delta 1010LT and behringer henyx mixer [crappy stuff, but dont have cash for better right now] and iam using its preamps [4 days ago i sold ART MP tube preamp [it was not so bad, better than mixer shit] but its a toy, not super stuff. i buy it for 10$ and sold for 20$, heh.

inserts are in USb stuff from maudio [fasttrack], how about stacking 2 delta1010LT in linux? ubuntu studio mostly ?

Comment

• recording works best in ardour for me, recording and "pasting" tracks, cubase suck at this point, cant play 2 sound on 1 track at same time etc.. always plays top sound on track, mute'ing bottom sound.

only problem i had was with alsa xruns sometimes what i did wrong?

other problem was with recording "live" concerts, with firewire just need to take a good laptop with buildin port, "racktower" with compresors, enchancers, gates, limiters, interface and mixer, so just connect with 1 cable and its done.

so you say even super preamps in interfaces are crap? so how about buy presonus, with only jack in[no xlr in] and 8 inserts? it should work native on linux. in future i think to use 8 tube preamps in 1 rack stuff [2u]
      Last edited by NomadDemon; 01 November 2011, 05:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
        rightnow i have delta 1010LT and behringer henyx mixer [crappy stuff, but dont have cash for better right now] and iam using its preamps [4 days ago i sold ART MP tube preamp [it was not so bad, better than mixer shit] but its a toy, not super stuff. i buy it for 10$ and sold for 20$, heh.

inserts are in USb stuff from maudio [fasttrack], how about stacking 2 delta1010LT in linux? ubuntu studio mostly ?
        running 2 soundcards with Jackd, may be an issue. I personally, have only done it once (using Ladish) and in my case it was crashy, plus i was using 2 cheap cards (i used the capture from the 2nd card). You might want to read up on that though. I know that you also must have the soundcards sync'd using wordclock in order for them to work coherently.

cheerz

Comment

• Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
          recording works best in ardour for me, recording and "pasting" tracks, cubase suck at this point, cant play 2 sound on 1 track at same time etc.. always plays top sound on track, mute'ing bottom sound.

only problem i had was with alsa xruns sometimes what i did wrong?
          xruns are caused by all sorts of things, so i am not entirely sure. The only time that i really get xruns, is from using Windows VSTs, not all of them, just the odd one. But even in that case for me, it is only when they are launched or shutdown, that i get an xrun.

These days i mostly use OOmidi, i mainly use Ardour for more advanced sample-editing. I prefer OOmidi for sequencing and tracking over Ardour3.

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
          other problem was with recording "live" concerts, with firewire just need to take a good laptop with buildin port, "racktower" with compresors, enchancers, gates, limiters, interface and mixer, so just connect with 1 cable and its done.
          The key there being 'good' laptop that has a good implementation of firewire (not all laptops are equal in this area). About the one 'cable' idea...For the same reason, that is why i suggested finding a (linux) supported card that has ADAT. Then you could be buy some external gear (racks/mixer) that uses ADAT and have something more along the lines of 16tracks + compression/preamps/etc, all piped in, using a single cable. My friend uses RME for this very reason. (he's been using his for years with linux, without any real problems).

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
          so you say even super preamps in interfaces are crap? so how about buy presonus, with only jack in[no xlr in] and 8 inserts? it should work native on linux. in future i think to use 8 tube preamps in 1 rack stuff [2u]
          Not all built in preamps are crap, just the majority -> especially in the more 'consumer grade' proaudio solutions. You can buy a real preamp, that sounds better than most that are offered in AD/DA audio interfaces. Mainly, because a good preamp is designed to be just that - a good preamp.

I also wouldn't make the assumption that presonus will be supported (this i don't know). you'll probably need to research that one.

cheerz
          Last edited by ninez; 01 November 2011, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• i mostly record pure "acoustic" signal, not midi, like drums, guitars, vocals, bass guitar etc, none of band that play in my studio have any keyboard or something.

Comment

Working...
            X