No announcement yet.

Testing EXT4 & Btrfs On A Serial ATA 3.0 SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally all my data & archive files are NTFS-W7 (which differs from previous versions of NTFS). Linux, which I use for most functions, most times, uses EXT4 partitions, but creates many incompatibilities with NTFS-W7: non-MS file names, multiple same-name files & seemingly rare & random write errors onto compressed NTFS-W7 partitions
    There is no difference in the on-disk-format of NTFS in XP and NTFS in Win7. And why are you storing all your data on NTFS, it's prone to the very errors that you list (case insensitive filesystem, no checksums of data).

Comment

Originally posted by gregzeng View Post
      The supposedly superior EXT4 does not have encryption nor compression. NTFS-3G is not the same as NTFS-W7, but BTRFS is, with compression, file-permissions, multiple-dates, & encryption.

Personally all my data & archive files are NTFS-W7 (which differs from previous versions of NTFS). Linux, which I use for most functions, most times, uses EXT4 partitions, but creates many incompatibilities with NTFS-W7: non-MS file names, multiple same-name files & seemingly rare & random write errors onto compressed NTFS-W7 partitions.
      What the hell is NTFS-W7 ?

Comment

Working...
      X