OpenCL Is Coming To The GIMP Via GEGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    See, I'd actually argue that the kind of developer working on OpenCL support is exactly the kind of developer you'd rather NOT have working on the UI.

That could be horribly unfair to this developer (sorry), but often people with those kinds of interests aren't very interested in the UI, and correspondingly aren't very good at it. Things could always get worse!

It's a mistake to assume that OSS projects can simply hire people and assign them to the areas you would like work on - they have to attract people who are interested in doing it for free.
    ofc you have right, i am not speaking ecsactly from this developer, i am sure he is very smart and skilled!
    instead, i am speaking from the gimp itself.

Comment

The GIMPs interface is great. I think most people who have an issue with it are used to Photoshop and generally aren't interested in the GIMP anyway.

I have my whole family using it now and the only person who doesn't use it is my dad as he's a graphic designer and needs CMYK.
      Even my mum who is computer illiterate enjoys using the GIMP to finish her photos!

I recommend it to all so good work GIMP team keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by danwood76 View Post
        I think most people who have an issue with it are used to Photoshop and generally aren't interested in the GIMP anyway.
        aggre, functionality and apperance of the photoshop is some kind of standard

Comment

Geri its pure laziness that you dislike the GIMPs interface and nothing more.

I don't think the photoshop interface is a standard at all and either way all programs should have their own look and feel otherwise they are just clones of each other, which the GIMP is not! IMO the GIMP is better than photoshop and perfect for the average persons needs.

Comment

Originally posted by danwood76 View Post
            IMO the GIMP is better than photoshop
            gimp is nowhere compared to photoshop.

Comment

Notice I said in my opinion...

In my opinion it is more than adequate for the majority of users. I grant you that its not professional grade but that is not what I said.
              Just piss off and troll somewhere else!

Comment

yes, i understand its your oppinion, i just noticed the reality

oh, and pointing on oblivious facts arent trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Harp32Wil
                  Blah blah blah... but what about 16bit/channel?

They've convinced me that we don't need it, 256 shades of any color is clearly good enough. Dithered, Aliased pics FTW!

Comment

Guys, it's a spambot.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                      Guys, it's a spambot.
                      But... but... but... they've convinced me...

Comment

Working...
                      X