Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samba 3.6 Brings SMB2 Support

Phoronix: Samba 3.6 Brings SMB2 Support

Samba, the leading open-source implementation of Microsoft's SMB/CIFS networking protocol, has reached version 3.6 with a handful of new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Samba 3.6 Brings SMB2 Support

Samba, the leading open-source implementation of Microsoft's SMB/CIFS networking protocol, has reached version 3.6 with a handful of new features...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTc3Ng
    There goes Apple's excuse for getting rid of Samba.

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
      There goes Apple's excuse for getting rid of Samba.
      Not really. Apple's reason seems to be GPLv3. Same reason why they don't want to use GCC anymore. If SMB2 was a real reason, they would have spend the effort writing patches instead of sticking to a older version.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
        Not really. Apple's reason seems to be GPLv3. Same reason why they don't want to use GCC anymore. If SMB2 was a real reason, they would have spend the effort writing patches instead of sticking to a older version.
        I agree that is likely the real reason but I think the reason given was the lack of SMB2 support b/c I have no idea why GPL would be an issue with OS X if they were simply reusing the tools.

Comment

Working...
        X