Tuxera Claims NTFS Is The Fastest File-System For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cb88 View Post
    I'm confused X.x 48 cores is trivial these days 12 cores per die is off the shelf stuff... and quad socket mobos aren't that uncommon. I even know a fellow that has at 32 core box with quad channel ram on a relativly light budget as well its quite a beast for a serverish/desktop.
    Yep, but some people live in 2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
      WHERE????!
      Is filesystem DESIGNED to withstand all those errors? Hell, NO.
      It is like blaming Joe from Los Angeles in Fukushima crisis! He is american, and americans delivered parts to Nippon, so he is responsible for nuclear meltdown! He is NOT.
      What is Joe responsible? To support his family and do it well! There is no point in giving every single Joe nuclear physician education to control the reactor either!

Projected to this "analysis", the file system should only do what filesystem should do - and do it well.
      Crazycheese, your poor grammar leads me to think that you are from a non-english speaking region. I'm from australia, but i'm aware that in america (as per your example) there is legal precedent to indicate that if you develop parts for a purpose (such as a nuclear reactor) and they have a failure, then you can be at fault for negligence. From memory the precedent was kind-of set by a case involving buick and some wheel manufacturer.

Also, it might be useful for you to think about what a filesystem is. It's a component that is used by the computer to reliably read and write information in a persistent way. Hardware failures might cause the filesystem to work incorrectly, but the file-system can very feasibly be improved to get around a lot of problems.

Comment

Working...
      X