Mozilla Puts Out Firefox 5.0 Web Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
    Also faster turnaround on major version numbers likely gives the impression that more is happening with the software than actually is, worked for Chrome ('hory shet, it's already at version 13!! this software must be so great!!').
    Well, since version 5 that Chrome/Chromium has all the features I want so I stopped caring about version numbers. It still looks like the first version anyway and extensions still work whatever the version is so who cares?
    The only feature I'm looking forward to in Firefox is NOT having to restart every single time something changes.... that's so annoying and makes the whole browser feel like it was made in 1998 anyway!! They can call it Firefox 2033, but if it still requires restarting the whole thing just because one of my add-ons got updated I'm not going to feel like I'm using modern software.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      Since when was there any corporate use of Firefox anyway?
      Actually, if memory serves, one of the Mozilla people once said that it didn't have much corporate usage in America. On the other hand, they did have a fair amount in Europe and elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
      X