• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go - http://www.pathscale.com/ekopath4-op...e-announcement
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Our multi-CDN technology works at multiple layers to go past synthetic benchmarks and guesses to ensure that your users and your CDN of choice are running optimally

The announcement was just made.

Comment

I hope this will work for single core AMD64 CPU's too (I really have to upgrade this crap soon).
        I wonder how it will improve Blender, for example. Also Mesa.

Comment

Any download link w/o registration(host and MAC address check) availble?

-saski

Comment

What I wonder is:

Where are the actual speedups in ekopath? I mean, if they are in the backend - could they not be ported to gcc or even partly replace the gcc backend?

Comment

1. Mesa is CPU bound
              2. Better compiler available
              3. ???
              4. Profit

Comment

Hmm....

OpenSimulator uses the OpenDynamicsEngine physics software to do server-side physics. AFAIK, physics is one of the more CPU-intensive calculations you can have on a server.

I wonder how much of a speedup in ODE we could get by compiling it with EKOPath?

Michael, is there an easy way to write a PTS test for ODE? Have you looked into this in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by markg85 View Post
                  I wonder of this will be of benefit to mesa then specially the software renderer! Also, how is the c++ 2011 support and can it build qt for example? Even if it can, will that improve performance?

this release raises a lot of questions but I'm happy anyway
                  I think you've been in our IRC channel before and apologies if I'm mistaken.

mesa - I believe you have to turn off asm support for it to build. Not sure if that will improve or degrade performance. I suspect the latter, but could be surprised.

c++0x - ENZO will get it much sooner than EKOPath since we're using a different front-end.

QT - There's one blocking bug we're working on fixing. I expect it may take us another month or less to get that resolved.

If someone files a bug we'll take a look at it. Smaller test cases are generally fixed faster. (Even better would be patches now that it's going open source.)

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                    1. Mesa is CPU bound
                    2. Better compiler available
                    3. ???
                    4. Profit
                    I tried last week and had problems with the Assembly optimizations (that can be disabled) and then problems building the R600 Gallium3D driver, but don't remember offhand what those issues were.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
                      Michael, is there an easy way to write a PTS test for ODE? Have you looked into this in the past?
                      Yes, test profiles can be made easily... I've looked into ODE long ago but don't remember finding an easy/simple test case for ODE that could be automated.
                      Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                      X