Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mo0n_sniper
    replied
    Hope distributions will provide kernels compiled with it, maybe different kernels for specific processors (Phenom, Turion, i7 etc.). Or maybe the full distribution compiled with performance optimisations.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I suppose that it has something to do with PathScale's 'CUDA-killer'?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...-cuda-killer/1

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    Pity Michael had to steel their thunder but I am looking forward to rebuilding my Gentoo system with this
    Yeah, I'll probably do that as well at some point I hope it can compile wine. Anything but the most basic of optimisation with gcc causes crashes with wine at the moment. Would love to squeeze a few more FPS out of it

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    Pity Michael had to steel their thunder but I am looking forward to rebuilding my Gentoo system with this

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    what does this mean for the end user??

i mean will you be able to compile a kernel with it and have the whole linux stack built with it???

and what about all the other gcc competing compilers (llvm)
    It's fully GNU C compatible, so you'll simply replace GCC with this, compile everything and everything.

Is this MIT licensed? I thought somneone mentioned it? Then this will replace all open source compilers. Even on the Mac.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    what does this mean for the end user??

i mean will you be able to compile a kernel with it and have the whole linux stack built with it???

and what about all the other gcc competing compilers (llvm)

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Damn! Now the is downright impressive!

Leave a comment:

• Drago
    replied
    Micheal you revealed it,...$1795 )
    http://www.pathscale.com/ekopath-compiler-suite

Leave a comment:

• bbordwell
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    and i think its a opensource galium3D openCL implementation from redhat or google
    The Himeno benchmark is single threaded so there is no way openCL is causing this performance bump.

Leave a comment:

• gbeauche
    replied
    Originally posted by alkyl View Post
    given the clues on twitter, maybe something to do with pathscale ekopath
    Yes, EKOPath4 was 1795 USD and there is no trace of ordering information on their website, only a link to a "trial", i.e. no link to "purchase". Considering *BSD people already bought and open sourced their C++ runtime, that won't be surprising to get the compiler as the next step. I wish this was ENZO though. On the other hand, ENZO has no price tag and this could be the link to the "OpenSolaris" community Michael mentioned...
    Last edited by gbeauche; 09 June 2011, 12:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X