What Not To Expect From The Linux 2.6.40 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geri View Post
    Well yeah, i made a mistake, i sayd ,,i suck with it'' while actually linux sucks with the computer, even to load on some
    backtracking on your words, eh? ;P No, i think it is probably you who sucks at using linux. I've been using linux for years, and it hasn't sucked on any computer that i have set it up on. maybe the problem is you?

I dont really want to answer you every points, i respect it (i also respect the oppinion of a suicide, who jumps out from the window ).
    What an idiotic statement.

And no, i will not make links - i am not here, to enlarge my e-penis. The reality is that my success does NOT depends on the oppinions of the linux community. Linux community is not in a position to questioning me. My success depends only on the quality of my work, and the number of my costumers.
    yup, that's what i thought. you are all talk! taking pride in the work you do, and providing a link, has nothing to do with ego - i was sincere and wanted to check out some of your work, but now i just think you are full of shit.

The success of the linux depends on the end-users. Oh and also on the developers ofc. And at the moment, linux does not have enough from both. Becouse the community, like you, think that adding a boot switch is evolving
    so Linux' growth is directly correlated to boot flags? wow. how incredibly dumb of an argument. there are so many other potential issues (that could actually be a real issue), but in your mind it simply comes down to boot flags. no offense dude, but that is the absolute stupidest logic (or lack there of) that i have ever heard.

I see the, ultimate argument on bugs is: then you should use different operating system. I am sure, this will attract additional millions of new linux users
    no. i guess you are not understanding something. Coming on a *nix forum and whining like a little bitch, making grand claims about your programming skills, that just seem straight up FALSE, and then blaming all of YUOR issues on boot flags, when it sounds more like you just don't have good problem solving skills, and you don't even sound very savvy at all. but since all you do is complain and hate on Linux - sure i'll tell you to go use Windows instead, why wouldn't I?!?!?

it's not like you have anything to contribute anyway - you're just here to troll.

And see? Thats alreday happend: i use windows in the 98% of my time.
    Good for you. I use Linux 99% of the time. My systems aren't buggy. I actually know how to install linux and trouble-shoot issues, if and when they arise. I can do anything that i would normally use a computer for in OSX or windows, but have a much nicer experience using my Linux desktops.

but if windows works for you, and you can't get Linux to work the way you like, then Windows is a good choice, right?

myself, I would use MacOSX and Linux any day of the week over any version of Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by ninez View Post
      No, i think it is probably you who sucks at using linux.
      No, its not me, who is crashing on the the linux... the linux is what crashing those computers

I've been using linux for years, and it hasn't sucked on any computer that i have set it up on. maybe the problem is you?
      Maybee becouse you not even really using them, just watching the loading desktop and enjoying the nirvana?

now i just think you are full of shit.
      Now i just think i win, and you lost this arguing

so i not even continue to read it

hail penguin ;P

Comment

Yes, its good to avoid it, but communicating with drivers through boot flags with kernel mode drivers in an operating system, is the most laughable design flaw i ever heard. First, the communication itself. How about pressing a button on boot, and ban the driver on a simple graphics interface? However, this does not solve the main problem: passing parameters to DRIVERS to allow the normal operating of an operating system. Did the radeon developers even heard from control panels? They should really create one, and if somebody have an issue disables it on a nice graphics panel... This is a graphics driver after all...

Boot switches... jesus...
        A control panel won't do you much good if you have no display. Command line switches allow you to make configuration changes without requiring a display. Some people like the flexibility to configure things without a GUI.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          A control panel won't do you much good if you have no display. Command line switches allow you to make configuration changes without requiring a display. Some people like the flexibility to configure things without a GUI.
          aggree. But once, if you have display, i think its better to adjust settings there. Its not necessary to remove textfileconfigs, they can coexist: so i suggest to create control panel, that would be far better solution.

Comment

aggree. But once, if you have display, i think its better to adjust settings there. Its not necessary to remove textfileconfigs, they can coexist: so i suggest to create control panel, that would be far better solution.
            Dude, this is Linux. If you want a control panel, you have to write it yourself ("patches welcome".) If you don't know how, you have to learn programming in C and C++. After 2 years of work and becoming adept in coding, you submit your patch upstream. It's rejected because control panels suck (they're user friendly, so we don't want them.) You just wasted 2 years of your life. Grats.

Welcome to Linux :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              Dude, this is Linux. If you want a control panel, you have to write it yourself ("patches welcome".) If you don't know how, you have to learn programming in C and C++. After 2 years of work and becoming adept in coding, you submit your patch upstream. It's rejected because control panels suck (they're user friendly, so we don't want them.) You just wasted 2 years of your life. Grats.

Welcome to Linux :-)
              Dude, this is real world. No one want to configure graphics cards by writing config files.
              Thanks for the informations, if i now would decide to learn C and i would learn it for 2 years, i definietly would NOT submit any patch, i am sure. Thank you for warning me, i dont like to waste years!

Welcome to Real World!

Comment

No, its not me, who is crashing on the the linux... the linux is what crashing those computers
                Linux doesn't crash over here, at all.

Maybee becouse you not even really using them, just watching the loading desktop and enjoying the nirvana?
                that's funny. - i just watch the desktop loading, ya right! try again fool.

Here's some applications that i own and use daily. Blender, Adobe CS5, CinePaint, mypaint and Gimp for artistic stuff. VMware Workstation 7 (with several networked VMs for testing infrastructure / applications for Work). Aptana Studio (IDE). Many Linux audio apps (ardour, renoise, VSTs (both native and wine, oomidi2, many others) - I compose and write Music, and also have built a hardware synthesizer / looper / effects Rack - built on Linux, that has 100% uptime, no glitches EVER and that is sooooo reliable, it's like clock-work. i have no issues ever using live with my band (3yrs running like smooth). A commercially available platform that is very similar;

The Muse Research Receptor – a unique and versatile musical instrument that takes the best software-based synthesizers and effects processors available, and turns them into real instruments.

I also program in C++, php, among other things. Which why I was interested in looking at some of your code, being as you have already pretty much said that you are a god at programming, and that you could rewrite linux entirely by yourself.

Now i just think i win, and you lost this arguing

so i not even continue to read it

hail penguin ;P
                all you are doing here is trolling, you are unwilling to back up a single claim you have made, you are a whiner and are not able to fix the most basic of problems in Linux. I highly doubt you are nearly tech-savvy as you say, you have not convinced me of anything you have said. You also seem to struggle understanding basic concepts...

If you don't like Linux, that's fine. You have choice in what software you choose to use, but consistently complaining, whining and posting in true pure troll, just makes you look ridiculous. My advice, stop being a hater, and go enjoy your Microsoft experience - from all of what you have said - it sounds like that is the OS you are looking for, right?

I myself, am quite happy with Linux. is there room for improvement and other things to still be overcome - sure. But there is also a lot of flexibility, portability and granular control not found in OSes such as MacOSX or Windows.

do i feel the need to go over to microsoft's forums and whine and complain like a little baby to users because i personally don't like certain things about Windows? nope. it's a waste of time. (especially, in your case, where you claim to be a class A programmer, but are unwilling to contribute.

cheerz
                Last edited by ninez; 24 August 2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X