Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.39 Kernel Is Imminent

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.39 Kernel Is Imminent

"So things have been pretty quiet, and unless something major comes up I believe that this will be the last -rc," began Linus Torvalds in announcing the release of the Linux 2.6.39-rc7 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So they aren't going to fix the power regression before releasing .39 ? :-|

I noticed this using powertop on one of my laptops when upgrading to F14 from F12.

It has a noticeable impact on my battery life.

Comment

It would be nice if they did something about it. I wonder why we have not heard about any LKML discussions about it.

Comment

Damn you're slow Michael. I had rc7 built an hour before you posted the story. :-)
        Code:
        eherr@quark:~/packages/src/kernel/linux-2.6.39-rc7$ ls -lh vmlinux.o 
        -rw-r--r-- 1 eherr eherr 13M May  9 22:08 vmlinux.o

Comment

Originally posted by amphigory View Post
          Damn you're slow Michael. I had rc7 built an hour before you posted the story. :-)
          Code:
          eherr@quark:~/packages/src/kernel/linux-2.6.39-rc7$ ls -lh vmlinux.o 
          -rw-r--r-- 1 eherr eherr 13M May  9 22:08 vmlinux.o
          How do we know you didn't just change the rc6 to rc7?? Please give me SSH access to your box so I can verify this.

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
            How do we know you didn't just change the rc6 to rc7?? Please give me SSH access to your box so I can verify this.
            Sure! SSH access is here. Use your normal username and password. 127.0.0.1
            ;-)

Comment

Working...
            X