X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mendieta
    replied
    Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
    1. It's a shame to see the latest systemd package I can get for Ubuntu is systemd-19, when Debian Experimental already has systemd-25.
    2. To force Ubuntu to use systemd, they'll need a punch in the face. Not a real one, but a figurative one resulting from systemd + normal kernel being faster to boot than upstart + ureadahead. Upstart is already beaten, but ureadahead is a tough one: Fedora 15 is close, but still it can't match the Ubuntu boot speed.
    Interesting, I was thinking of testing systemd in Kubuntu Natty. Are you using systemd frome here?

Leave a comment:

• energyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Chewi View Post
    While I admit that it's not as modern as systemd, I still really like Gentoo's OpenRC and I think it does tick a fair few of those boxes. It's a shame the original developer abandoned it because I'm sure many of these features would have appeared if he hadn't. There has been talk of Gentoo moving to systemd but in the shorter term, it needs to stabilise OpenRC and get rid of the ageing baselayout-1. This isn't long away now.
    openrc is still maintained and what features are missing?

Leave a comment:

• radiomist
    replied
    Systemd support in Archlinux is good, add e4rat and is easy to get fast booting procces.

Leave a comment:

• MuPuF
    replied
    Originally posted by DeiF View Post
    You forget "pardon".
    oh, this one is often used in the UK

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    Isn't D-Bus hate getting a bit old now? It's obviously here to stay. I'm not clear on the reasons against it. Breaking "everything is a file" is probably one of them. If it were that easy to map it onto a filesystem, surely someone would have done it by now? I think speed was another but I don't know if that's still an issue. What do you propose instead?

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Stopped reading after the first point. When "Interfacing via D-Bus" is painted as a good thing, you just know nothing good will come after that.

Leave a comment:

• RahulSundaram
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    Btw, does Fedora 15 (beta/daily) already ship with GRUB2 by default or still with the legacy one?
    GRUB 2 is available in the repo but not as default. That's possibly something for Fedora 16 along with Btrfs by default and other major changes

Leave a comment:

• Alejandro Nova
    replied
    The Ubuntu condition.

1. It's a shame to see the latest systemd package I can get for Ubuntu is systemd-19, when Debian Experimental already has systemd-25.
    2. To force Ubuntu to use systemd, they'll need a punch in the face. Not a real one, but a figurative one resulting from systemd + normal kernel being faster to boot than upstart + ureadahead. Upstart is already beaten, but ureadahead is a tough one: Fedora 15 is close, but still it can't match the Ubuntu boot speed.

Leave a comment:

• Viper_Scull
    replied
    been a while using systemd in arch. Happy with the current state.

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Btw, does Fedora 15 (beta/daily) already ship with GRUB2 by default or still with the legacy one?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X