Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.38-rc5 Brings Radeon, Intel, EXT4 Fixes

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.38-rc5 Brings Radeon, Intel, EXT4 Fixes

In his weekly manner, Linus Torvalds has released the Linux 2.6.38-rc5 kernel, This fifth test release isn't particularly exciting, but it brings scattered bug-fixes to the Intel and Radeon graphics drivers, EXT4 file-system fixes, and a RCU file-name lookup bug found under Ubuntu...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great thanks to Dave Airlie for fixing GPU resets!

Comment

Leave it to Michael to over-state the obvious/typical and under-state the really nice stuff. :P

The Radeon fixes in this build (i.e. the ones that weren't in -rc4) fixed several commonly-encountered problems for me on Evergreen. Sometimes the small stuff is a difference between panic() and A-OK.

Comment

This fifth test release isn't particularly exciting, but it brings scattered bug-fixes to the Intel and Radeon graphics drivers, EXT4 file-system fixes, and a RCU file-name lookup bug found under Ubuntu.

Overall, there isn't anything particularly great in 2.6.38-rc5, as it should be for this time of the kernel's development cycle.
        I am excited with reliability fixes.

Comment

Evergreen fixes sounds intriguing.
          My Mobility HD 5650 reliably locks up my system when I try to use DRI. Maybe this'll help. :>

Comment

This Marek commit is also very welcome:

Thanks

Comment

Still the rear audio channels are not working on RC5

Comment

That should help even my old Thinkpad T42's Radeon 7500 Mobility which is a R100 GPU.

Comment

Working...
                X