Nokia & Microsoft Get In Bed, Qt & MeeGo Take A Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nevertime View Post
    What would be their plan b? Port android to intel chips?
    I think they have already begun doing this... Google TV (Android) runs on intel. And their are intel Android tablets already announced on the horizon.

Comment

Comment

Reading up on this it does look like there was recent warning signs... analists saying nokia didnt have the weight or money to make meego a success and recommending a microsoft deal.
        Analyst monkeys. That probably explains everything. Especially the lunacy part.

Comment

Afaik apart from employing foss developers nokia also outsourced development in a number of companies that contributed to foss

i am afraid that this will have an impact on the development of a number of projects

also its bad for the people that will lose their jobs

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
            What do you mean by that?
            What's the point of Nokia purchasing Qt? That's a good question.
            On its own, there is certainly a point about Qt, namely it is by far the best multi-platform toolkit out there.
            I hope that this crap doesn't hurt Qt.
            Well, looks like it'll hurt! (http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/11/n...s-phone-devel/)
            When they using WinPhone 7 for their entire fleet, and go VStudio for developing software, then bye2 Qt.

Comment

Its karma
              Mubarak resigned and democracy in egypt.
              Mircosoft grips hold of linux and boots it off smartphones.

Comment

Its still such a big part of intel stratagy I dont see them giving up on it yet. What would be their plan b?
                I hope their plan b is: ship MeeGo without Nokia.
                They bought Infineon after all, so they technically don't need Nokia to build a phone.
                Perhaps they did so because they knew in advance that Nokia was quitting.

Comment

Nokia workers on Symbian/Meego seemed to have walked out in protest: http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/11/n...ands-walk-out/

Comment

Haha... It's comical.. Life, it is..
                    To saw a giant company doing this kind of sh*t without thinking.. Some analyst said.. and they executed it right away, haha...
                    But, Nokia, prove-me-wrong.

Comment

Competing with android and iphone OS with windows phone 7 in the near future is a dream. It will take too much time for nokia and developers to adapt microsoft environment. Google and other android users will benefit from this by recruiting developers that nokia fire. Its nokia's death certificate signed by nokia.

Comment

Working...
                      X