ALSA 1.0.24 Has Arrived, Bringing Better Linux Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
    phenom II 810 isnt slow CPU... but i still can see the problems somethimes 0.5 second sometimes 0,2 but still i can feel latency
    as I tried to allude to earlier, for audio capture the design of the linux kernel and the way it schedules workloads is not conducive to managing both capture and monitoring.

Comment

in studio i use maudio + jack and monitoring mostly from MIXER by hardware only.

we are talking about my HOME PC. i dont need to record here, just need to PLAY music/sounds

Comment

in studio i use maudio + jack and monitoring mostly from MIXER by hardware only.

we are talking about my HOME PC. i dont need to record here, just need to PLAY music/sounds

what exact issue are you having ??? track latency correction ?

I can put my monitor mix from my input to my output with nearly zero latency. well not zero but like 5-15msec which is unoticeable.

Comment

I DONT HAVE PROBLEM IN STUDIO

i have problem with playback on my HOME PC, used for games[quake live, starcraft1[wine], age of winders [wine] and other flash stuff, youtube stuff]

theres a little latency between shot and sound of shot etc, but just a little-little, but still can hear it

I DONT USE HOME PC FOR RECORDING TRACKS

Comment

same with playback in music players, song position is a bit further than what i hear.. its not good if want to skip of rewind songs by keyboard shortcuts

Comment

same with playback in music players, song position is a bit further than what i hear.. its not good if want to skip of rewind songs by keyboard shortcuts

put a but ticket in for the kernel, thats where the problem is.

Comment

I DONT HAVE PROBLEM IN STUDIO

i have problem with playback on my HOME PC, used for games[quake live, starcraft1[wine], age of winders [wine] and other flash stuff, youtube stuff]

theres a little latency between shot and sound of shot etc, but just a little-little, but still can hear it

I DONT USE HOME PC FOR RECORDING TRACKS

you likely have the same problem in the studio, your just not noticing it and likely due to the volume of it being a suppressing agent.

Send a bug/enhancement ticket up the river. I gave you a viable solution. run a OS with proven audio capability or keep complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Thatguy View Post
                  put a but ticket in for the kernel, thats where the problem is.
                  and not PA problem?

in home i use PA i studio JACK

jack have no problem

Comment

and not PA problem?

in home i use PA i studio JACK

jack have no problem
                    my best jack latencys are 250msec. thats pretty god dammned aweful on winxp its 5-15msec.

Comment

jack + M-Audio delta 1010/LT is 10-15 MS

Comment

Working...
                      X