Version 1.0 Of Enlightenment Foundation Libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    Its probably the official theme that has TOOOOO much "blink" making it look cheap as an end result. I find that both the previous Gold and the current Black and White lack elegance.

I remember however that E17 had animations and stuff waaaaaaaaaaay before kde and gnome
    +1 and +1
    IMHO, their animation still teh best, I think. And use lesser resources too.

Comment

I was told that, for a time (I doubt he does now), Rasterman occasionally tested it for performance on a Pentium 1. I have a Pentium 120 MMX I could try it on but not the time for such craziness.

Comment

I used E17 as my Desktop Environment for a while and liked it a lot.
        Nice, fast and easily customized.
        But I had some minor troubles with the session manager;
        All my xterms would end up in default sizes(80x24) on Desktop 1, instead of different sizes on Desktop 1,3 and 4. It was just too tedious to start every session with moving the xterm windows to the right desktops.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
          I was told that, for a time (I doubt he does now), Rasterman occasionally tested it for performance on a Pentium 1. I have a Pentium 120 MMX I could try it on but not the time for such craziness.
          Yes, well... back when E17 started, a typical desktop was a Pentium 2 or comparable Celeron, so a classic Pentium wasn't exceptional. *Long* time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Thatguy View Post
            Thats a nice tight coherent developed system, I bet it'll see some fairly wide adoption.
            Yeah, perhaps in 2077 when it's released into any repositories/package handlers. It's gonna be huge!

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
              Yeah, perhaps in 2077 when it's released into any repositories/package handlers. It's gonna be huge!
              Well the EFL is in portage main right now. One can imagine that full E17 will receive more attention now.

Comment

Originally posted by mirv View Post
                Well the EFL is in portage main right now. One can imagine that full E17 will receive more attention now.
                Great! I'm looking forward to testing it. I've been looking around the e17 website many times before, but just never had the energy to start installing everything (libs upon libs) from scratch.

I checked for a e17 overlay but can't remember if I found one. Is there one?

Edit: Seems like there are some to be found: http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/E17
                Last edited by Azpegath; 01 February 2011, 08:57 AM. Reason: Adding overlay, answering my own question.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                  Great! I'm looking forward to testing it. I've been looking around the e17 website many times before, but just never had the energy to start installing everything (libs upon libs) from scratch.

I checked for a e17 overlay but can't remember if I found one. Is there one?

Edit: Seems like there are some to be found: http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/E17
                  Yep - just follow that, it's pretty good. Should probably note that unmerging E17 before any updates is highly recommended (I made a couple of quick & dirty scripts to do that for me) just to clean out anything that shouldn't be there anymore.

Comment

I remember about 2 years ago, running elive livecd (with e17, of course) on pentium 1, 64 RAM. And it ran smooth..

So, yes, it's amazing project. And guess what? If ones tap it on mobile UI, it'll FLY!

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post
                      I remember about 2 years ago, running elive livecd (with e17, of course) on pentium 1, 64 RAM. And it ran smooth..
                      Thank you for saving me the bother.

Comment

Working...
                      X