X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Official...!! GA release on 14th Jan 2010

Hi All,

Happy New Year !

First of all, a big thanks to you all for the tremendous response to the beta of ZFS port on Linux. It has been a continuous and arduous effort, not only from our team, but also from you all to rigorously test the beta and make the ZFS port on Linux code fit for use on production servers. Finally, after a three month effort on the testing, making changes and fixing bugs, we now come closer to the GA release.

I am glad to announce that KQ is releasing the GA code for ZFS port on Linux on January 14th. It is the confirmed date and everyone here would be glad to know that majority of the bugs reported have been fixed. The code base is on zpool 28, which means, you have access to dedup feature which wasn't available in the beta earlier !

Also, we are hosting a webinar on January 14th with an interactive conversation with our CEO answering your questions. You can find the details of the webinar on www.kqstor.com

Once again, thank you all very much for the support and patience. We have finally made it!

For any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Cheers,
    Darshin

Its Official...!! GA release on 14th Jan 2011

Comment

What is GA?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        What is GA?
        Its the General Availability code. Basically, the Official Code for the ZFS port on Linux. We are done with the beta, its the final code that we are releasing now .

Cheers,
        Darshin

Comment

Guys,

Sorry about the 14th Jan 2010 typo, its 14th Jan 2011

Cheers,
          Darshin

Originally posted by darshin View Post
          Hi All,

Happy New Year !

First of all, a big thanks to you all for the tremendous response to the beta of ZFS port on Linux. It has been a continuous and arduous effort, not only from our team, but also from you all to rigorously test the beta and make the ZFS port on Linux code fit for use on production servers. Finally, after a three month effort on the testing, making changes and fixing bugs, we now come closer to the GA release.

I am glad to announce that KQ is releasing the GA code for ZFS port on Linux on January 14th. It is the confirmed date and everyone here would be glad to know that majority of the bugs reported have been fixed. The code base is on zpool 28, which means, you have access to dedup feature which wasn't available in the beta earlier !

Also, we are hosting a webinar on January 14th with an interactive conversation with our CEO answering your questions. You can find the details of the webinar on www.kqstor.com

Once again, thank you all very much for the support and patience. We have finally made it!

For any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Cheers,
          Darshin

Comment

Is that code different to the code used before?

Comment

Yup. Its the code which is based on Zpool 28 instead of zpool 21 for beta. So, this code includes dedup which the beta didnt.

Also, the major bugs found in beta are fixed in this code.

Comment

What i basically mean is:

Does everybody get the SAME code or do customers get a different one.

Comment

darshin,

Fantastic work, all of you. I very much look forward to trying this out in place of zfs-fuse on my home server.

Great stuff!

Comment

@kanu: Everyone will get the same code. Its open source . The customers will get paid support, but the code is going to be the same for everyone. Hope that answers your question.

@wingfeather: Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X