No announcement yet.

Its Official...!! GA release on 14th Jan 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I am officially not a skeptic anymore. You have my support!

Comment

Quick question: Was the code brought fwd to 2.6.37?

Comment

permission problem with newly created file/directory

Trying out the GA on my zfs-fuse pools.. somehow any file/directory created while using the GA, the permission is always "0000". where can i file a bug report regarding this or is it a known issue.

ps. i am on amd64 ubuntu 10.10 server btw.

Comment

Originally posted by xyzzyx View Post
          Trying out the GA on my zfs-fuse pools.. somehow any file/directory created while using the GA, the permission is always "0000". where can i file a bug report regarding this or is it a known issue.

ps. i am on amd64 ubuntu 10.10 server btw.
          further testing... this doesn't happen on newly created pool and filesystem... only happen on pools created with zfs-fuse and imported with zfs-linux.

Comment

OK. tested the 2.6.35.10. The build fails on 2.6.36 and 2.6.37. This is going to be a recurring issue.

Anyway, I am happy to report that native zfs on Linux 2.6.35.10 boots fine as a root filesystem. Haven't seen anything odd so far.

Comment

Originally posted by xyzzyx View Post
              further testing... this doesn't happen on newly created pool and filesystem... only happen on pools created with zfs-fuse and imported with zfs-linux.
              Same observation here. I was looking forward to retaining my pools but it looks like I will have to wait.

But this is looking good already! The performance is much better compared to zfs-fuse.

Comment

Originally posted by devsk View Post
                Same observation here. I was looking forward to retaining my pools but it looks like I will have to wait.

But this is looking good already! The performance is much better compared to zfs-fuse.
                Yup.. think you are quite right...
                i've try upgrading to pools to v28.. same permission issue...
                create a new pool with zfs-linux and zfs send form my backup pool (created with zfs-fuse).. no dice... same permission issue upon completion...
                so now i am rsyncing form my backup... looks good so far...

Comment

Is native raid-z supported? Compression?

Comment

Working...
                  X