A Christmas Eve Wine Release (v1.3.10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unimatrix View Post
    I find it funny how all pulse haters are full of big words, then when somebody asks them for help regarding alsa configs they almost always turn out to be completely clueless.
    LMFAO, I do tonnes of aiding others with their setups. This is why I see how pulse so miserably fails. A good 75% of the time when someone has audio issues it is with pulse. A vast majority of those times getting the person to remove pulse fixes the issue.

False again. What happens when you plug in a USB headphone? Another sound device. What do all headphones come with? That's right, a USB adapter. What about bluetooth devices? Someone with "extensive knowledge" should know this. I'm so tired of these empty arguments.
    LMFAO, seriously, if you think that USB headphone / Bluetooth users are the norm you are out there on Planet X. Most people use plain jane 2 speaker setups. Most headphones come with a USB plug? Bullshit, most are 1/8" or 1/4" plugs. People serious about their cans also don't use USB headphones (most have really shitty amplification).

Comment

Originally posted by unimatrix View Post
      What happens when you plug in a USB headphone? Another sound device.
      You set your default soundcard with "asoundconf set-default-card X" where X is one of the things you see with "asoundconf list". You then configure the applications you want to use with the headphones to use the headphones.
      If you have an application that you want to use with another card than the default card it is likely a specialized sort of "audio-software". If it doesn't support setting the default sound output then it is deficient and you should file a bug report.

I really wonder why asoundconf still isn't in alsa since it is like a default tool.

Comment

What about alsa-mixer?

Comment

You can also flip your preferred sound device with phonon as well.

Comment

Working...
          X